Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Firmware Update Warning on the Typhoon H

ive tried renaming files even the flight controler and cgo3 in the bin file, everytime i wont work. Yuneec must have a string somewhere in the coding that prevents hacking firmware

I may have dreamed it but I thought I saw some wheree in the pad, in settings, a thing that said, restore old firmware still having coffee will have a look in a bit

The ST-16 firmware consists of updates to the Apps, and an Android update and some system libraries/services. It's very difficult to reverse an Android update, so without a complete install from a base image you're not going to be able to reverse to a 'stock' configuration. That might cause its own set of problems. It's also probably why they say you need to take it to a support centre to get it done.

You might be able to revert the Apps, but someone would have to sit down and figure out all the packages that need removing and re-installing to do so. It's not a trivial job I'm afraid.

Reactions: Bobjazz
Thanks Skyrider. I just edited the post to reflect that. Many people have had no problems. However there are enough who have that makes the warning appropriate. Most have been from experienced pilots, so pilot error is not the issue. Just appears something goes wrong during the update that affects some aircraft but not all.
I noticed that complaints are starting to pile up on FB. Already updated mine a few days ago but have only had time to do a cursory couple of 5 min. flights from my garden.:(

There appears to be a number of issues with the latest firmware update that are very concerning. I would recommend not updating if you have not done so at this time.

Several posts regarding loss of control during flight are the most troubling. I would wait until you here more about this firmware over the course of the next week or so.

This has only affected a limited number of aircraft and many pilots have reported no problems.

Another question, I wonder if re-installing the new update is possible? maybe that would fix any gltiches..

Reactions: Steve Carr
I noticed that complaints are starting to pile up on FB. Already updated mine a few days ago but have only had time to do a cursory couple of 5 min. flights from my garden.:(
John, which FB page is the complaints being posted on, would like to follow. I haven't noticed any issues but Ive only flown 2 times since FW upgrade.

BTW i have no issue with firmware.... well the range issue but that from last update which ****** the range.

John, which FB page is the complaints being posted on, would like to follow. I haven't noticed any issues but Ive only flown 2 times since FW upgrade.
Well here's one I frequent (you have to sorta sign up: Yuneec Typhoon H Official Owners Group
需要安全验证

And there's another I frequent from the Spain Typhoon Owners, Usuarios Yuneec Typhoon H - España
需要安全验证

Plus one or two others. Don't have time to read them all!

Edit: I have NO IDEA why my links are being converted to Chinese script!

Well here's one I frequent (you have to sorta sign up: Yuneec Typhoon H Official Owners Group
需要安全验证

And there's another I frequent from the Spain Typhoon Owners, Usuarios Yuneec Typhoon H - España
需要安全验证

Plus one or two others. Don't have time to read them all!

Edit: I have NO IDEA why my links are being converted to Chinese script!
Hmmmmm......................

需要安全验证

需要安全验证

Testing your links.

ETA: WTH?! Mine posted as Chinese too lol!!

Did several flights today with the new firmware using both the ST16 and Wizard alone. No problems with compass warnings or anything else of consequence. The only odd thing is that the date on the files created from the Wizard. They show a date of 12/31/1979 at 7:00 pm.

Did several flights today with the new firmware using both the ST16 and Wizard alone. No problems with compass warnings or anything else of consequence. The only odd thing is that the date on the files created from the Wizard. They show a date of 12/31/1979 at 7:00 pm.
During a firmware update all calibrations are cleared as well as the time and date. You will need to set that in the ST16 in the Pad mode.

Reactions: Brian Mackey
During a firmware update all calibrations are cleared as well as the time and date. You will need to set that in the ST16 in the Pad mode.
This date only showed up on the files created by the Wizard. Those files where the ST16 was in control, had the correct date and time. All files were created today after the update.

The only issue I've found so far is it seems to "float" left while hovering; hit the stick right and it stops. OTOH I took it up today when K index was >5.

It doesn't seem to stop as hard either, but I was only in Turtle mode.

New on this group. I watched two separate videos on YouTube today which discussed the new update, each of the features with a flight demo, and results. The RTH adjust, White Balance, Shutter, Flight Trim, etc. all worked well on both videos. I was impressed with the new changes and excited to go out an fly.

As mentioned earlier, after the previous firmware update, I also experienced loss of telemetry at a much shorter distance. Prior to that update I would go out as far as 3200 feet before losing telemetry on stock equipment. After that update I would randomly lose it as close as 900-1000 feet.

Due to my schedule I won't be able to fly till next week. So I hope all of you have luck in resolving the signal issue.

Reactions: David Wilson
I flew seven full flights today, can't get enough of the Skyviews, and it is official, the telemetry is now a problem. It is breaking up much sooner and far more often and takes MUCH longer to re-establish. This is a serious problem and I am not going to do any flights of any distance until this is addressed. I was worried when Yuneec announced the new and improved St16+ for better telemetry. I have a feeling they need separate firmware for the two radios and just dumped this one, dangerous, version on all of this. I know Yumeec is reading this so let's hear something sooner than later. I will be calling Yuneec in the morning.

I'm getting different names on my video files.
Some of the names are all numbers and some of the names have "YUN" in the first part of the name.
0d80a3cb29bf32144019f869422d5d32.jpg

a8b53eb12ad5fb8f922b24a7432ccde1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Official Update here, I have two issues, drifting and the landing get getting stuck up, just FYI if that happens just use RTH its much safer than doing what i did the first time they got stuck, I had two failures and still fighting the drift.. Oh and Zero issues before the update.

Hey guys, I updated my St16 and H and have not had any issues after about 15 flights. (Knocking on wood right now!!!)

Updated, calibrated everything, flew into a bush.
Recalibrated, keep getting compass error.
Recalibrated, pointed North, flys great.
Started facing EAST, compass errors.
Loose telemetry aprox 3000 feet out ( max distance I will fly, hard to see that black dot)
Sent back to Yuneec this morning.

Updated, calibrated everything, flew into a bush.
Recalibrated, keep getting compass error.
Recalibrated, pointed North, flys great.
Started facing EAST, compass errors.
Loose telemetry aprox 3000 feet out ( max distance I will fly, hard to see that black dot)
Sent back to Yuneec this morning.

Oh man I'm sorry, but the way you phrase things , just makes me bust out laughing ---
"Updated, calibrated everything, flew into a bush"
Hope you get it back quickly ..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my