Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Firmware update!!

Well that did NOT go well.
Updated ST-16 no problems.
Updated H and it hung, shows it updated the gimbal and the camera.
Autopilot reads version N/A.
H will not boot up now. (&(^$&%@#(*@(#&(*(#

Did you get it sorted out?
What happens (or doesn't) when you switch on your H?
It sound like you have the same problem that I did. If so don't panic I can help you sort it out.

So I hate to constantly be the bearer of good news however:

I updated the firmware last night and the only hitch was having to re-bind. That took a little while.

The clock now is the right time, we will see in a day or two if it stays that way.

Connection to the typhoon has gone from a minute and 10 seconds to 37 seconds. I am pretty impressed.

The only downside to the firmware that I have seen so far: previously at the same site I had the bird out to 2500 feet. Last night on the only flight I've been able to fit in so far I started getting scrambled video to the ST 16 at about 1600 feet. I hope that they have not shortened the range in the firmware. I will fly again at the same site on another day and see if the issue still remains.

The camera does seem to be improved however. The video below is raw, shot in Gorgeous mode. 4k 30fps. I did edit the timeline slightly, however there is no color correction or white balance corrections to this video.

Great Video, do you mind sharing your video settings and if you used any filters?

Reactions: Mike_Flys
All firmware updated to the latest, all went well except the ST16 which took a few attempts to get the card recongnized but in the end I got it. After the update where exactly is the option to change RTH, I do not see it in the computer program when hooked up by usb cable. Found the LED switch on and off but cannot find the option for game pad control of camera WB, cruise etc. A quick guide to accessing the options would be great. Any help would be appreciated. ..Thanks

All firmware updated to the latest, all went well except the ST16 which took a few attempts to get the card recongnized but in the end I got it. After the update where exactly is the option to change RTH, I do not see it in the computer program when hooked up by usb cable. Found the LED switch on and off but cannot find the option for game pad control of camera WB, cruise etc. A quick guide to accessing the options would be great. Any help would be appreciated. ..Thanks
Hi pps. You need to go into system settings and enable the trim tab function checkbox. It is just above the option for realsense installed with your st16. Hope that helps.

My H is flying so great I am going to wait to upgrade until I here more about it from my fellow flyers

Hi pps. You need to go into system settings and enable the trim tab function checkbox. It is just above the option for realsense installed with your st16. Hope that helps.
Thanks Christopher for the fast response. Found the checkbox and I now have WB, Exp and cruise operational. Have not tested yet but I am on my way. Thanks again. Now if I can just find the Return to Home adjustable setting I will be good.

Did you change the wifi settings from auto and changed to always use 5 Ghz? I'm hearing this helps with cgo3 camera so it may help you with the sloppy video connection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Christopher for the fast response. Found the checkbox and I now have WB, Exp and cruise operational. Have not tested yet but I am on my way. Thanks again. Now if I can just find the Return to Home adjustable setting I will be good.
Glad it worked. The RTH is under the calibrate menu on the ST16, not sure about the software as I don't tend to use it. I don't think that they have updated it to cater for these changes. You'll find it easy enough under the calibrate section on the handset.

Did you change the wifi settings from auto and changed to always use 5 Ghz? I'm hearing this helps with cgo3 camera so it may help you with the sloppy video connection

How do you do this?. in tablet mode?

Go to iPad mode and select wifi -> advanced option

Go to iPad mode and select wifi -> advanced option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

I had worked it out but thanks for the reply anyway,I'm going to try it out today with the wifi setting on 5ghz only and see if there is any difference (EU firmware) and I shall report back my findings if any

Reactions: Cesar
Since I've updated (EU firmware), video has been rock solid. More flights needed..

Since I've updated (EU firmware), video has been rock solid. More flights needed..

My test is mainly to see if it connects faster as it will now only be looking for 5ghz and not 2.4 aswell,it's a long shot but worth trying.

This bloody thing is driving me nuts!!!!

I have formatted four different SD cards and put the firmware upgrade for the ST16 on each.

I was able to upgrade the H through the camera.

BUT trying to upgrade the ST16, with or without the drone switched on, keeps giving me "upgrade package not find"

I did not upgrade to 2.25 and am trying to install 2.27, does that make a difference?

If so where can I find 2.25?

If not what am I missing ...... have been trying for almost 2½ hours now!!!!!!!

H E L P M E P L E A S E ? sigh ( even inserted the micro SD card into the controller itself at one point ... slipped neatly beside the slot ..... and had to open it all up to retrieve it!!!!!)

Yes SD card goes into controller, be careful, watch the alignment when inserting, and note that it goes in upside down. And it has to be fat32 for the fc to see it.

Yes SD card goes into controller, be careful, watch the alignment when inserting, and note that it goes in upside down. And it has to be fat32 for the fc to see it.

Thank you.

Apart from the one instance :( I have been following that method.

It simply keeps giving me the "upgrade package not find"

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!!!!! Still at it 3¼ hours later.

And you are using the correct file? There are 2 files, one for controller, one for the H.

The current one on the Yuneec site is ST16_V3.1.27

That is the one I am trying to load.

I was expecting the 3.1.25 but that seems to have been replaced on the site.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytingarden1