Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Firmware updates!?

Reaction score
Can someone please give me a good explanation why it isn't possible to update just the components by themselves instead of always updating the st-16,TYH and the Cgo3+ together.

I've purchased my H in Juli and had a faulty Machine with alot of twitches and drifts and toilet bowl effects. I straight away contacted yuneec germany and it was possible for me to change my H against another one from the dealer I bought it.Good! Now since I have the new one I am very satisfied with its functions and only updated it once to the 2.15version I think,and it still fly's fine,and since I have been following the recent updates they seem very faulty that's why I haven't updated mine.

It seems to me that yuneec is trying by force to install new features but also fights against time to quickly clear the problems with the autopilot.

I think I would be much better when they can put new features on the cam or st-16 and put the update online,and another team should just concentrate on clearing the errors with the autopilot and gps,and a soon as they have tested it enough put that online for an update.

What do you guys and girls think?

I feel that the firmware updates are to correct minor problems that they find after the release of the update. It took them months even to put out firmware updates but The month of September was not a normal month.

Reactions: Brian Mackey
I feel that the firmware updates are to correct minor problems that they find after the release of the update. It took them months even to put out firmware updates but The month of September was not a normal month.
yes ok, but it seems that with correcting minor problems they create some other minor ones.Itblooks like the 2.23version was a disaster.
Hands up to yuneec in any way they are trying to fix it but to me it seems like they are rushing it.
Sense able it would be to downgrade to the last solid working system and then testing new versions and releasing as a solid one.Or like by APM 2.5 there was a solid version and to the next upgrade there was a beta version before it was fully tested.

If you publish all modules for it's own you get a heavy version fragmentation in the real world.
Your testing effort would grow exponentially....

Just got this from Yuneec today in an e-mail. I don't think I have ever received an e-mail from them before.

Typhoon H Firmware Update
We are pleased to announce that there is a new firmware update available. We at Yuneec are encouraging all Typhoon H customers to update to the latest firmware on their models as it improves the following:
• Improves compass performance and aircraft stability when temperature is high
• Improves camera stability
To upgrade to the latest firmware please go to Downloads - Yuneec and select the Firmware Typhoon H STD Gimbal:v1.22, Autopilot:v1.28, Camera:v3.2.16 If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Customer Support at 844-898-6332. Thank you for choosing Yuneec for your Multirotor needs. Happy Flying!

Last edited:
Well it seems that Yuneec is at least trying

I have never doubted that....
Just got this from Yuneec today in an e-mail. I don't think I have ever received an e-mail from them before.

Typhoon H Firmware Update
We are pleased to announce that there is a new firmware update available. We at Yuneec are encouraging all Typhoon H customers to update to the latest firmware on their models as it improves the following:
• Improves compass performance and aircraft stability when temperature is high
• Improves camera stability
To upgrade to the latest firmware please go to Downloads - Yuneec and select the Firmware Typhoon H STD Gimbal:v1.22, Autopilot:v1.28, Camera:v3.2.16 If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Customer Support at 844-898-6332. Thank you for choosing Yuneec for your Multirotor needs. Happy Flying!

This makes me wonder if someone has hacked into Yuneec USA.com emails. It appears that some of us got emails and a lot of us didn't I know I didn't.

This makes me wonder if someone has hacked into Yuneec USA.com emails. It appears that some of us got emails and a lot of us didn't I know I didn't.
me neither! I just updated today to the 2.25 version,luckily with no issues.After i did the update, I went out to the field located with my mobile magnetic north and did a compass calibration.After that I received a few compass errors on the st16.Then I did another compass calibration and flew two batteries empty,with no issues

Hi there ever time I go on line for the latest update all I get is the // Firmware ST16 Controller STD v03.01.b23 as the latest ??? is this true

the rest is ok Firmware Typhoon H STD Gimbal:v1.22, Autopilot:v1.28, Camera:v3.2.16

Hi there ever time I go on line for the latest update all I get is the // Firmware ST16 Controller STD v03.01.b23 as the latest ??? is this true

the rest is ok Firmware Typhoon H STD Gimbal:v1.22, Autopilot:v1.28, Camera:v3.2.16
This is correct... just did mine two days ago and nothing to ST16... flew two full batteries perfectly.

Today was the first day I flew with out ANY issues ... was a really great feeling knowing when I finished and the where no warnings at all ...

I had to calibrate Twice to make sure it work but it made such a difference to fly

thank you

Today was the first day I flew with out ANY issues ... was a really great feeling knowing when I finished and the where no warnings at all ...

I had to calibrate Twice to make sure it work but it made such a difference to fly

thank you
i updated mine too 2days ago flew now 3 Batts without any issue,only yesterday i noticed a slight drift but i am not sure if its related to me having obstacle avoidance activated to test cause I was flying near trees!? I will be testing today again.

By the way, is it possible for them to add a digital zoom? And maybe pre programmed waypoints like on the APM or Pixhawk. I know there were some discussion in the forum,but I think it would be possible to programm that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval