Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First App for the ST-16: Flight Center - Updated 15th November: v1.9

Hi tuna,
great improvement! Thanks a lot.
I tried to program a flight, but seems the copter heading is influenced by camera heading. In the app it is showed as programmed, but in the player the copter heading is showed wrong, following camera target. I will try a flight today.
Ric

This is a limitation of the H's firmware - at the moment you cannot set up a CCC route with different headings for the H and the camera. The editor allows you to set both, but only exports the camera headings.

How to update this app to latest version from previous one ? Do I have to remove previous version and install full new version or ?

Don't remove the old app, just install the new one and it should work fine.

This is a limitation of the H's firmware - at the moment you cannot set up a CCC route with different headings for the H and the camera. The editor allows you to set both, but only exports the camera headings.

Then they should really change this as in this case there is no point of having object avoidance if you can't programme copter to be always pointed to the flight heading and camera on whatever you want.

Two good CCC flights today created in the ST16 using Tuna's app. On the first, the camera followed the programmed yaw and tilt, but I found I'd got it tilted down too much and on the second, I steered the camera with the right stick. Great job Tuna!:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Cesar
Ah ok, thanks.
I did a couple of flights with a flight plan and everything went really well.
Great app, thanks again.
Ric

I installed the new version as per existing user directions as I am an existing user. I get constant "unexpectantly quit's". It says to send you error log. How do I do that or does that happen automatically when I press OK to continue? I re-installed but over the top of existing and that didn't help. Should I completely remove and install as new? Great job by the way, I also will contribute when we can.

I installed the new version as per existing user directions as I am an existing user. I get constant "unexpectantly quit's". It says to send you error log. How do I do that or does that happen automatically when I press OK to continue? I re-installed but over the top of existing and that didn't help. Should I completely remove and install as new? Great job by the way, I also will contribute when we can.

If you click ok, it sends me a log message. I'll check them over and see if I can find your issue. Thanks for letting me know!

If you click ok, it sends me a log message. I'll check them over and see if I can find your issue. Thanks for letting me know!
I had mine error out too while in mission planner. I was trying to move the take off point after it was placed and it crashed. I sent you the log also. I still think your app is great. Now if I could get google maps to work so I could load off line maps I would be even more happy.

Reactions: Iber
Ok so I decided to make a video using the mission planner in the flight center app. This is a long video (25 minutes) but i go thru the mission planning process as well as I can. Ive never used the mission planner before. I hope you enjoy it.

Bill W.

Had 3 great flights on Flight Center Mission Planner the other day.
It was remarkable to me how well it performed...client loved smoothness when viewing and so did I. Thanks so much for adding so much value to the H.

Guys, thanks for the fantastic feedback and videos - I really appreciate them! I'm working on some relatively minor user interface tweaks to make things easier and more obvious to use. Then there are some big ideas to put together...

Mine still crashes. I've tried to work it out but still crashes.
I sent you a message on this - please let me know what steps you go through to make it crash. Check the mail symbol in the top right of this forum web page.

Dearest Tuna, aside from being able to set global elevation can I also set global gimbal pitch, how about link or no link to yaw and yow settings too? You may already have a solution which I haven't stumbled upon yet if so I apologize for troubling you.

Dearest Tuna, aside from being able to set global elevation can I also set global gimbal pitch, how about link or no link to yaw and yow settings too? You may already have a solution which I haven't stumbled upon yet if so I apologize for troubling you.

Tap the finger 'select' icon on the left side to turn it blue - you're in multi-select mode. Now you can tap as many waypoints as you like. Once you have a bunch of waypoints selected, you can set gimbal pitch for all of them, or height. If they're at different heights, you can bump them up and down together, preserving their relative heights by taping the up and down arrows around the height editor.

You can also turn them all to face the same view point (including setting the right pitch if you want) by tapping the eye 'focus' icon and tapping a point on the screen.

When doing complicated pitch and yaw sequences, you have to think of the motions the camera will have to go though. Put a waypoint at the locations where the motion changes - for instance when the H will be closest to the point of interest or when it starts to turn back again. Otherwise the camera will move at a fairly constant speed between each pair of waypoints and the point of interest may be out of frame in the middle portion of the flight.

It's misleading that the editor currently lets you set different yaw and camera bearings - though the Yuneec waypoint format allows this, the H currently ignores the camera bearing and only uses the yaw. The editor overrides yaw on export to a CCC route on the H, but that's not obvious from the edited route. I'm going to change the editor behaviour to make this a bit more clear.

I'm not sure what you mean about a link/no link option - yaw and yow?

By link or no link I mean something like a little lock icon which when you clicked it would automatically match yam and yaw or when unlocked would allow separate adjustment the way it is now. Thanks for your post above I will try those items today. I enjoy being able to take existing points and easily drag and reposition them to an entirely new formation.

Last edited:
One thing I have noticed is that I have the front or point of the aircraft in the planner facing the way the aircraft is flying, for some reason however the aircraft yaws back to the point of takeoff and keeps that view. I then have to manually manipulate the camera. I haven't been able to spend a lot of time to figure out if its something I'm doing wrong in the making the CCC route or something else in the program

Regarding yaw (aircraft bearing) and yam (gimbal bearing), the current release is confusing, and I've changed things for the next release.

The current behaviour is that you can set yaw and yam separately in the editor. However, the H only obeys the yaw setting (the gimbal is locked to face forward during ccc), so when you export a mission, it changes the yaw settings to match the gimbal yam. @azpilot61 - you've noticed that it yaws to point of takeoff, and the default is that new waypoints focus on that point (the drop down 'Focus on' at the bottom of the screen gives you other options).

The next release locks the two together - so setting the aircraft bearing sets the gimbal, and setting the gimbal sets the aircraft. It makes it much more obvious in the editor what is going on. @Mickeyboo - For now I'm not going to make this switchable, as it isn't how the H actually flies.

There are a few more updates to make it easier to move and select without making unintentional changes and to generally neaten things up. Your feedback is invaluable!

Reactions: zandoli

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop