Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First attempt at a promo video

Reaction score
I have never attempted to put video clips to music, so I decided to start with a promo video. In the process I learned a number of things - #1 although my dual core i5 is super fast at internet, etc. it's terribly slow and underpowered for video editing, so a quad core workstation is on the way. My desktop struggled through the whole process. No way I can render 4K like this. #2 Video editing requires a lot of time, patience and Guinness. #3 it's really crazy fun once you have everything in place. #4 need. more. coffee. to edit video.

Needless to say there will be a better, more polished finalized version soon.

https://www.chefinthesky.com/just-for-fun

Last edited:
Reactions: Uneek_Pilot
Welcome to the I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH COMPUTER CLUB.
I have a lower end Dell I7 and it struggles with 4K video and all the post processing. I have a 2TB hard drive to store stuff on, I transfer it to my laptop to work on. And yes it is way time consuming. For me it was more in learning the software. I am using Filmora. I like it, just still need to learn more.
For your promo video, cut out the takes that show the mug. Maybe start with that shot of your truck and your fleet of aircraft out side.
Concentrate on what you do more than what you do it with. I am assuming that is your house in the video. Let the video sell the house and the neighborhood.

My 2 cents, keep up the good work

Mostly I was drinking pints while the video loaded. Everything else was just for fun. It's not going to be anything I use to promote my business, I already have three major realtors with affiliate memberships. I will be starting with almost too many jobs my first day of business, a good problem to have.

Hi @Chefinthesky . I appreciate that you were never going to use the above video for promotion...that it was just for fun and a vehicle to gain experience of post production. In that respect your video is good.

Please allow me to give you some pointers keeping in mind that there are people around that are better than me at this game.

First, it is important to have hardware available that can handle video well even up to 4K. I note that you edited that video using a duel core i5 machine. That was painfully obvious in your video: it simply wasn't up to it. I fear, though, that even a quad core machine may struggle with 4K unless it has a very good graphics card. I say this because up until a few months ago I was using a quad core machine and that struggled with 4K. I now use an eight core machine with 16gig memory with a two TB hard drive and a true 4K capable graphics card using my 4K TV as its viewing device. Now I can work with 4K material without issue.

Second, Your choice of editor is a factor in the finished product. You may use one particular editor that you like but still get some stuttering in the final render...even if your computer is a powerful enough one. The key, then, is to experiment with different editors until you find one that you like using and spits out a good render. It may finish up being one of the free ones available or one you have to pay for, but all the paid for ones have free demo versions for you to evaluate before buying. After trying several myself I finished up with Filmora. Not the most sophisticated editor out there but it was an easy learning curve and gives good results so it ticked all my boxes.

Third, A good video will become better if you plan your shots with the edit in mind...simple as.

I could go on but this post is long enough already

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
I invested in a quad core workstation with a 2 gig memory card, 32gb ram, extra external storage etc etc. Has to be a marked improvement. I am researching rigs with two video cards. I have an older XPS that runs a dual output video card which is a plus, but I need to work with the new kit to determine exactly what I need. The goal is to put together a setup that fits the need and be done. Rendering the real estate videos is a breeze - but on the occasion where I need to use some serious PC horsepower I want to have everything in place. And enjoy the work.

A word of advice when getting a new computer for 4K video editing , get a quad core machine and a decent video card . I bought a gaming laptop becuse my old system would not handle video editing .

I am running 8 gig of memory and a 4 gig video card with six cores.

Makes a “BIG” difference when editing and it helps with the time it takes to render the video.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder