Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First attempt at Real Estate Video (don't tell that drone police guy)

Brian, thank you so much for this thread... I was not on the forum when it was first posted, so I'm glad I didn't miss it. It had never
even occurred to me to use the SteadyGrip for interiors. I had only thought of real estate shoots being principally to showcase the
exterior, landscaping and immediate neighborhood. The SteadyGrip is definitely is a worthwhile investment to provide as much
value to the client as possible. I'll be picking one up very soon.

Brian, I know this thread is a bit dated, but did you need a 107 to do this work?

Sorry for being lazy and not doing more reseach.

New to this but what if you do not make money from it but instead give the footage to the agent?

New to this but what if you do not make money from it but instead give the footage to the agent?
Whether you get paid or not does not matter. What determines commercial use is the end use. In this case it is being used in a commercial manner by the real estate agent who financially benefits from its use.

Whether you get paid or not does not matter. What determines commercial use is the end use. In this case it is being used in a commercial manner by the real estate agent who financially benefits from its use.
Thanks . How difficult is the 107?

Thanks . How difficult is the 107?
How difficult it is is contingent on how intelligent you are. I used Remote Pilot 101. Remote Pilot 101 |
I think it was a great way to learn what you need to know. Watching a series of videos and taught by a guy who is an award winning flight instructor. Others merely read the materials put out by the FAA which are free and also passed. Remote Pilot 101 was $99 when I got it but is now more expensive. Since you need to take the test every three years and Remote Pilot 101 membership is a 1 time lifetime fee I think it is well worth the cost and of course is deductible on your taxes as a business expense. The test when I took it was 63 multiple choice questions of which you can get 13 wrong and still pass. I know people who have taken it who never flew a drone and did not own a drone and passed. It weights heavily on how to read aeronautical maps and FAA regs.

Last edited:
Reactions: PatR and hopewellva
Hey Brian, your MP4 is no longer online... link dead. Did you take it down?

Google drive: Sorry, the file you have requested does not exist.

Don

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erothots