Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

1. n3srj

1st flight and all is well! It flys great, just as steady as my P3P was.

Only issue was the initial camera connection , but a re-seat of the camera took care of that. Ohh and it only took me 5 tries to get a good calibration..lol But not that hard i thinks its florida magnetism!
    YUN00002.jpg YUN00011.jpg

Cristian, PRnNJs FINEST and HarveyC like this.
  2. VortexRing

Glad to hear your maiden flight went well. I received mine this morning and will maiden it tomorrow.

3. Cilent1

Glad to here your maiden flight was a success! Strong winds & rain here in Sarasota would have made it tricky ( what part of FL. you in?). Can't wait to receive mine. Enjoy!

4. n3srj

Just a wee bit south of you..:rolleyes: LOL I'm in North Port

Top photo is looking west towards Venice

5. RemaxDan

Just got my Typhoon H today. Looking for good websites or you tubes on setting up, calibration and flying this bird? Any suggestions on where to go.?

6. HarveyC

On your SD card there is a copy of videos which we have also seen on Youtube. Basic setup of the H and compass calibration.

One thing that is mentioned on one of the black sheets but not in the Quick Start Guide on in the manual (see post by DroneClone a couple of weeks ago if you haven't already downloaded it since Yuneec removed it from their site for some reason) is that you should be sure to have obstacle avoidance turned off when landing. I don't know how important this is but would suggest following it.

There are no good online tutorials for flying it but it flies easily. I had problems with my first one which crashed into my pickup last Sunday but received my replacement today and it flies well and lands very smoothly. At this point I know that I had landed that one in both Smart mode and Angle mode and both ways had troubles but don't recall with certainty now but believe I had problems with obstacle avoidance on and off as well.

7. BobW55

BobW55 Moderator
    Staff Member

n3srj,
    In your opinion, are those the antenna wires hanging out the back by some of the vent holes?

Bob
    K8POS

8. GlenT

If it is it will be micro coaxial wire. And hopefully have an exposed portion at the end of 31mm.

9. n3srj

Just go to youtube and search "Typhoon H" lots of vids up.

10. n3srj

Bob i think your spot on.. The more I think of it flying in the RF soup has to be alot to handle at times with these thing!

73 de n3srj

11. BobW55

BobW55 Moderator
    Staff Member

Really would have like to have seen them put them in a better location, and use circular polarization, would have helped some with the possible interference issues.