Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

1. dinglehead

Is there a good how-to video on the best method for reattaching the gimbal plate to the camera when the rubber bits pop off?

2. banned user

I've not seen one, but if you have not done it before, the easy way normally is to carefully use a small flat tool to pop a small section of the rubber into the housing. Then twist the rubber around and as you twist the rest of the rubber should work it's way into the hole.

3. Typhoon Charlie

4. THoff

I couldn't get the wire wrap method to work and used a small pair of pliers to compress the center section of the rubber grommet and push the end of it through the hole.

5. Joneshd3488

Just had my H returned from Gimbal repair and now the gear won't work! Another thread, I know. Meanwhile, I go to take the camera off the H to try to fix the gear issue, and damned if I don't pull out one of the bellows! Curse words flew, and of course I got to this thread. Typhoon Charlie's bread tie method may work well with DJI's gimbal, but it would not work for me on the H. But, he did light the way. First, I applied a very light touch of Vaseline around the edge of the rubber bellow. Then, I used soft cotton twine tied around the lip of the bellow, pushed the string ends together through the base hole, gave it a slight tug, and voila! Popped right back in place.

Thanks for the lead, Charlie!

6. PatR

Although the Vaseline makes it easier to install, it also makes it easier to separate. Next time remove the top cover plate and pinch the outer lip to work it through the hole. It may take a couple tries but it's not hard to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Joneshd3488

8. IRIS

I have found that using dental floss is the best method, wrap the floss around 1 1/2 times then push through the hole, insert part of the top edge of the rubber and then pull on the floss in a circular motion with light pressure and it will work its way through and smell minty fresh.

Hope this helps

J

9. IdleLoop

I also use dental floss. Wrap 3 or 4 times then pull through with sideways movement left-right then forward back and it pops in quite quickly. Just a dab of water for lubrication if you feel it needs it as this will dry and not cause problems later.

10. Dragonflyerthom

As you can tell there are many many different ways of getting these gimbal dampeners back in place none of them requires you to be a PhD in rocket science.

11. Joneshd3488

Dental floss! Of course! Great idea... almost look forward to bellow separation the next time

IRIS likes this.