Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flew Away like someone else was flying it

Back bout 5 years ago those $2k hellacopters were the fad i think 3D flying upside down my buddy 3 inches of the ground, $2500 units upside down, to me only problem was not if but when you crash or kill someone you just bought the farm, and seemed a very expensive hobby, i got some advice & bought a (Simulator) crash as much as you like, great advise. Never bought one cause all i did was crash,
Now commonly know as drones comes along, after research & research i knew what patucular features i wanted. DJI is the best in my research allxaround but I hate the look & no retracking landing gear a must have. Introduced to the H, Loved it, the look plus my must have. Did the research & with the safety features with real sence, could have bought as add on but i want it from the factory that way i have the confidence i need it does as advertised !!! Lose complete complete connection from controller she COMES HOME automatically, Return Home, NOT MAYBE COME HOME !!! ( RTH ? ) The wizzad in follow mode which is (Smart Mode) has a like 300 ft range, if she goes out of range controller will vibrate, the bird will" stop hover untill next command ) maybe return home is no where in the instructions. Of the wizzard has no telemetry, i didn't design but yuneec did. I got the vibration & WENT TO PILOT MODE b4 the vibration when she started to drift only 40 ft away no responce to commands back to Smart Mode gave commands, back to Pilot, felt the vibration & hit return to home my friend said she took off like someone else was flying it. You kno like that dog that gets out the gate & runs like fell & you cant catch his *** for hours driving thru the neighborhood?
Yea, so we jumped in the car my arm straight in the air the whole time, we drove behind this wherehouse some 300ft away me knowing it was there in a hover, Nothing. So it was connected or it would not have vibrated, i kno you ask. Crystal clear day, No wind, not a cloud in the sky.
Theres more

So since it's not hovering 300ft away i call yuneec on the spot as were driving best we can along a direction were not sure it took, manufactures at half the price have a gps loccater map in the bottom left of the screen connected to maps, you always kno where your bird is, did i mention half the price? So with the H comes with a chase vehicle should be ready to fly & chase right out the box(RT&C)
Ok, hay great people at yuneec, wonderful people, got Mike he took the report & asked detail for detail & i explained still trying to look, but where & i mean im in shock $2000 just flew off & didn't even look back, i dont know what was worse falling from the sky or what just happened, when we got back where i took off i was still expecting it to be there.
Got thru working & walked a mile 1/2 far as i could looking for it till i hit the streets.
Called Yuneec, great people just to say i looked again & couldn't find it, different guy now Paul, great guy looked at notes & asked me to explain again what happened, i told him after i brought it down to hover i turned my head to tell my friend watch this, he said Paul, great person, that i turned my back & must have moved my hand which caused a disconnection & therefore that would be pilot error, operator error. I had to correct Paul, great person he is that i NEVER said i turned my back & my hand & complete body was facing the bird, my hand in the up position w/ wizzard pointed up cause i was fixing to do my thing, i turned my head over my shoulder & said WATCH THIS, when my eye turned back where she should have been she had started to drift, & the rest ive explained.
Theres more

So, no call friday. I called Yuneec Friday morning, great people one cause i was wondering if i should make a Police report & wanted there advice & wanted to kno if recoeved the reciept, Paul requested. I also asked for confirmation as to what the H was supposed to do after it reached its boundary, She said it is to Stop & hover waiting for next command. Then she says i look in the notes & you turned your back. Great people at yuneec, but again i had to correct her & remind her i do have a witness & i told Paul as well I NEVER TURNED my back. She says well ok we will get back.
I thought for a moment & said to my self: self even if but i didn't, even if i turned my back its in follow mode at some point if you get on your bike, skateboart, jet ski, car, take off running at some point your back will be turned to the H at many points, lose of connection she hovers. So i called back & confirmed the same info, he said now dont put the wizzard IN YOU POCKET, or inside a back pack, said he tapes the wizzard to his bikes handlebar & im like yea cause you can't ride with one hand & point at the H at the same time. Not sure why they tryed that one??
Finally:
Saturday morning called Yuneec, got mike, great guy
Mike said: we dont have anymore H's with real sense & because you flew with the wizzard we have NO Telemetry to check, therefore we would probley put together a bind & fly SOMETHING & offer you that. I told Mike, i can tell you now that will be unacceptable considering you guys repaired that H 2-3 weeks after i owned it, you didn't replace it you fixed it which was a issue i didnt raise cause i saw the repair paperwork & the tech sheet saying it was tested & all was good. I trust you know your business so i didnt make itca issue but Any reasonable person would ask could that fix have contributed to this fly away. I dodnt mention but they didnt take the wizzard & controller & check them. He said well our techs fly & test, & i saw that, but can anyone say 100% it didn't contribute to this fly away?
My position your product didnt do as GUARENTEED, didn't hover or come bac home, your company instructed how to bind, No telemetry with wizzard i see No place thats my issue as yuneec designed it that way.
So i explained i would relax & expect yuneec to do the right thing & call me Tuesday with the correct decision so i can get bac in the air, Great people at yuneec i trust them....
End of Saga for now guys

you can velcro it to your aircraft it weights nothing veryyyyyyyyy light
Maybe someone should tell yuneec about this gadget. I think because of the RTH feature yuneec feels they don't need a gps map as its reliable enough, well wrong in my case

Good morning, I can't find anywhere it saying, " if you operate with the wizzard you have no warranty covering a fly away because no telemetry is available. Because they document all conversations the record shows i called concerning binding the wizzard, i was not told at that time, no warranty if she flys away as well. Concerning the repair my H was not tested with the wizzard cause it was still in the box at my house. The wizzard has EVERY CONTROL the controller has, the yuneec product did not preform as designed & hover after reaching its pre programed default to hover & wait for next command. NOTHING SHOULD INTERFERE with that as the wizzard did vibrate & i selected RTH, got red light on wizzard too.
Great, Wonderful people at Yuneec, im gonna stay calm & stay to the point, i have a witness more than happy to speak with them

Well I just watched the video concerning The Wizard on the yuneec.com web site. The video CLEARLY states the wizard Revolutionized flying, & it's like magic, never been easer to fly. COMES WITH WATER PROOF BAG ( I didn't get no water proof bag ) paid 1998.00. " If you ever lose connection to copter IT WILL STAY IN THE AIR SAFELY & QUIETLY until I finds you again" and the video shows a person diving in the water.
So why would the SC person say if i turned my back or moved my hand it lost connection so that would be pilot error? That really concerns me.
This video GUARENTEES the use of the wizard is the safest one hand operation ( Like Magic)

I have a suggestion to all my lady & fellow H owners. If you fly with the wizard, you might want to record the flight with your cell phone ?
The argument of no telemetry so we can't check the malfunction is garbage, cause you designed this magical revolutionary never been easier to fly controller. Not me, & where does it say Wizard flight voids all guarentees we claim our products preform?

I know this doesnt help now but if you get a new H marco polo is nice but a cheaper alternative is TILE you can get one on Amazon for $25.

You need to be within 200' feet to make the app on your phone ring it as uses bluetooth but as you want indicators show youre getting closer etc..they have models and i went with slim for wallets etc its half the size of a cc and the thickness of one...if youre too far to hear it you can switch to map mode and it will show the approx. location within feet.
On a full battery, lets say 25 min, @ lets say 30 mph, will it pick up thst location?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval