Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

flew over 100kph gps off with about a 16kph tail wind

Reaction score
Had fun today with the H flew with out gps. I had a tail wind and got about 109kph alos tried the fpvlr antennas today flew out 1000 meters no issue did not want to got any further.

I did have an issue after landing the H continuously beeped not sure why I was flying pretty hard into the wind.
Rebooted the H and ST16 and issue was resolved, flew two more batteries gps off. I had a good time.
I checked telemetry and had two error flags #1 and #32 anyone know what the are. I assume that was when it was beeping they were both one right after the other.

Attachments

• Screenshot_0005.png
    Screenshot_0005.png
    1,023.8 KB · Views: 30
Error codes

Airport NFZ is 128
Flyaway checker is 64
Compass is 32
Over heating is 16
ESC failure is 8
Failsafe mode is 4
Second voltage warning is 2
First voltage warning is 1

Add up all the above to get the actual error number. So error 34 is Compass (32) plus Second voltage warning (2).

Had fun today with the H flew with out gps. I had a tail wind and got about 109kph alos tried the fpvlr antennas today flew out 1000 meters no issue did not want to got any further.

I did have an issue after landing the H continuously beeped not sure why I was flying pretty hard into the wind.
Rebooted the H and ST16 and issue was resolved, flew two more batteries gps off. I had a good time.
I checked telemetry and had two error flags #1 and #32 anyone know what the are. I assume that was when it was beeping they were both one right after the other.

109kph speed ? As in 109 kilometers per hour speed ?
If you flew with GPS off, how did you know it went 109 kilometers per hour ?

good point, I used the uav tool box take a look at the image. I know I had it turned off for most of the time maybe I didn't after a battery swap, but anyway that is pretty fast.

Turning GPS off doesn't mean the receiver isn't powered up and receiving position information -- it just means that the flight controller doesn't attempt to stabilize the TH flight using that information.

Reactions: m5zealot
I looked in the telemetry files and lat and long are still recorded but under the gps used column it says false.

Attachments

• tel.JPG
    tel.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 10
Wow almost 68mph that's crazy fast, I bet the blood was pumping big time.

I got mine about 60 mph with a 10 mph tailwind in GPS mode. We get some good breezes here by the Pacific Ocean.

The speed is certainly achievable but the error codes showed you crazy close to having a bad day. I shudder to think of how it might have turned out had the compass error occurred while flying in a GPS assisted mode. Then again, I wonder if turning off GPS initiated the compass error warning. Hmmm.

Demanding maximum power from the motors and battery cells when the battery is that low is definitely dangerous. Would the TH have auto-landed successfully? Perhaps. But it is not something I would intentionally risk myself.

Reactions: abinder

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj8me