Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flight with GPS OFF!

Reaction score
My first flight with GPS off was a fun experience.

First off switching GPS on/off several times had no ill effects like movement or jerkiness.
It will start to drift a little but it holds its altitude just fine.

When you turn it off the ST16 pops up a warning and vibrates to warn you its off.

After that hang on it is fast ride, it will accelerate up to 60 mph and it really jerks
if you nail the stick.

It is fun to play with but the video suffers which is to be expected.

Not just from the wind going 60 mph but the motors must really be cranking as
you can see the vibration in the video under acceleration.

When you hit the stick you can see the camera swing to its end of travel.

Fun times, you should all try it! :)

I got mine to 55-56mph. Havent hit 60 yet! But yes it is fun. I lost track of it as it zoomed over my head at 400 ft. haha :) Eventually figured out where it was and flew it back to me. I did notice one time when turning the GPS back on, it flew about 8-10 ft immediately to the craft's right. That was weird. But it was 350-400ft up so I didnt worry to much. I dont think Ill be turning GPS on/off lower than 100ft to the ground. At least not yet.

I got mine to 55-56mph. Havent hit 60 yet! But yes it is fun. I lost track of it as it zoomed over my head at 400 ft. haha :) Eventually figured out where it was and flew it back to me. I did notice one time when turning the GPS back on, it flew about 8-10 ft immediately to the craft's right. That was weird. But it was 350-400ft up so I didnt worry to much. I dont think Ill be turning GPS on/off lower than 100ft to the ground. At least not yet.

I was up around 200 feet the first time but after seeing how well it handled with GPS off I came
down to only 70 feet and it held its altitude no problem.

I am thinking of taking the camera off and switching off GPS. It should really move out without the weight of the camera. ;)

I was actually concerned that the camera might break off because the H became so responsive.

Did you notice any unusual battery consumption with GPS off?

Yes, the battery quickly went from 15.6 or so to 14.8 within what seemed like a minute. When I turned GPS back on, the battery went back above 15 volts and I flew a little while longer.

My first flight with GPS off was a fun experience.

First off switching GPS on/off several times had no ill effects like movement or jerkiness.
It will start to drift a little but it holds its altitude just fine.

When you turn it off the ST16 pops up a warning and vibrates to warn you its off.

After that hang on it is fast ride, it will accelerate up to 60 mph and it really jerks
if you nail the stick.

It is fun to play with but the video suffers which is to be expected.

Not just from the wind going 60 mph but the motors must really be cranking as
you can see the vibration in the video under acceleration.

When you hit the stick you can see the camera swing to its end of travel.

Fun times, you should all try it! :)

yea!!!....you must try it with the gimball/camera out....impresionante!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop