Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Fly away, Drone okay, camera missing

Reaction score
Tuesday evening, 8-09-16, Canada, near Winnipeg. I have 3 batteries. Accomplished two successful flights, both near 18 minutes each. Lifted off with the third battery Successful lift of up to around 80 ft. About 400 feet away. Lost total control of the drone about two minutes later. None of the options worked. It flew in about (this is guessing), 800 ft. l/h turning circle. I have noticed on the transmitter, I thought I caught a glimpse of a message of ''emergency'' It made three of these circles and noticing each pass it was lower and very close to me, maybe within 50 ft. away. Chased after it and found the drone, lights still flashing, fortunately, and happy because it was about 12 ft from a waters' edge, but the camera was gone. It appears to have struck a tree, from the direction I lost sight. I wish at least I had the micro sd card, with the awesome footage I acquired . Frantically searched the entire area. I think it's under water.
Anyway, I'm trying to find out how this can happen and not return to home.

Tuesday evening, 8-09-16, Canada, near Winnipeg. I have 3 batteries. Accomplished two successful flights, both near 18 minutes each. Lifted off with the third battery Successful lift of up to around 80 ft. About 400 feet away. Lost total control of the drone about two minutes later. None of the options worked. It flew in about (this is guessing), 800 ft. l/h turning circle. I have noticed on the transmitter, I thought I caught a glimpse of a message of ''emergency'' It made three of these circles and noticing each pass it was lower and very close to me, maybe within 50 ft. away. Chased after it and found the drone, lights still flashing, fortunately, and happy because it was about 12 ft from a waters' edge, but the camera was gone. It appears to have struck a tree, from the direction I lost sight. I wish at least I had the micro sd card, with the awesome footage I acquired . Frantically searched the entire area. I think it's under water.
Anyway, I'm trying to find out how this can happen and not return to home.

Gut wrenching experience I know can happen to anyone. Just like my dad told me 40 years ago when I first learned how to ride a motorcycle. It's not if but when you are going to crash! Was your third battery aftermarket? This seems to be one of the reasons for crashes I have researched. Battery loses voltage quickly and the bird falls from the sky before it can initiate return home.

Reactions: Jay Bennett
This is why I took some fishing line (spiderwire) and threaded it thru the 4 rubber shock springs under the mounting bracket. Tied a knot making it LOOSE so as not to interfere with the action of the rubber pieces. This way, they can support and do their job but NOT come off and loose the expensive piece of the camera.. Hope you find your camera...

Great Idea! I tether all my expensive Sony mirroless cameras to my suction car mounts when filming, I never thought of doing this for the CGO3! Thanks for the great tip!

Reactions: Jay Bennett
Strange. Could be a number of things. If it's still under warranty, send Yuneec the telemetry files off the SD card in the ST10+ (you did put in a card right?). See if they can decipher what happened and maybe get you a new unit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop