Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flying in 'ATTI' mode

Reaction score
Evening all. Upon taking my CAA test recently my assessor told me I should practice flying more in ATTI mode (or GPS disabled - ATTI mode is something used on the Phantom series). I have done some flying in this mode and had to also for my test.

However, why would anyone want to fly £2000 of equipment without a safety net? I understand that GPS can fail - but I was out flying this afternoon and had 17 of the 24 available satellites connected. Does anyone on here deliberately fly with GPS turned off?

Yes. I was taught that too much reliance on GPS is an incident waiting to happen. It is is easier to fly in Atti (nerves wise) and smoother for video work. My CAA test was mostly carried out in Atti.

Evening all. Upon taking my CAA test recently my assessor told me I should practice flying more in ATTI mode (or GPS disabled - ATTI mode is something used on the Phantom series). I have done some flying in this mode and had to also for my test.

However, why would anyone want to fly £2000 of equipment without a safety net? I understand that GPS can fail - but I was out flying this afternoon and had 17 of the 24 available satellites connected. Does anyone on here deliberately fly with GPS turned off?

Yes, with GPS turned off the H is an entirely different animal, top speed increases to about 50 mph as well. I would practice flying with GPS turned off on a very calm day as it will drift whichever way the wind blows. But everyone should try this and know how it will respond just in case you ever lose GPS lock ( and at some point we all will).

With GPS off, you may find the need to use the new trim functions as well, I dont see them being ness. with GPS on, but maybe someone knows something I dont.

Best thing to do is buy a $40 drone and practice on it as it only has manual mode. It's even more realistic than atti mode because you have to manage ally control the Y axis. Best $40 you'll ever spend.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430