Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flying in the rain or a mist

Reaction score
Okay fellow fliers, don't think I'm that stupid but I want to ask a question. I live in Washington state it rains a lot! I have times where it doesn't rain for an hour or two but it might then produce a mist! not a rain and then all of a sudden produce some drops. I'm afraid to fly (Berta) Q500 4K because of the moisture that might be introduced into her?

I'm asking what do you all think of flying in a mist with a chance of rain before you get Berta landed?

From a technicians point of view, water and electronics really do not mix. Rain water is pure, but may pick up something on the board to make it conductive. As far as the motors, I can't be certain. Someone with more experience flying their drone might chime in here.

From an electronics stand point, I won't do it. There are a few things electronics do not like. Cold, Heat and Wet are three killers of electronics. As I said, as far as the motors go, not my field. When my electronics got wet, I immediately remove battery and use desiccant (or in the case of a cell or mp3 player, rice) and leave it to dry for a few days.

I live in Lethbridge. After Quesnel the dry took some getting used to. But, up side, I can fly... when the winds aren't blowing 50+ K.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval