Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flying with gps off with typhoon 4k

Hi again,
I tried with my new small and cheap drone... but I lost it (literally lost)... too dark to find it now. Was a bit desperate to train with q500 flying in gps off mode as I have the exam tomorrow and did not do it before much ( was waiting for the small guy). Nevertheless, one question, how do You land without gps ? Its killing me. I tried today flying my q500 without gps and it was not so bad after all, but when I attempted to land (had same issue before) it starts drifting just over the gound and does not want to slow down propellers. So I wanted to shut propellers down so it could clap on the ground from sth like 10 cm but it drifted so fast that the 3 second to shut proppellers off was too long period and it crashed to the ground :/
Landing with the small guy was terribly easy and it does not have gps, but have no idea how to do it with q500 with gps disabled. Will be very grateful for any advice how to do it.
thanks

Hi again,
I tried with my new small and cheap drone... but I lost it (literally lost)... too dark to find it now. Was a bit desperate to train with q500 flying in gps off mode as I have the exam tomorrow and did not do it before much ( was waiting for the small guy). Nevertheless, one question, how do You land without gps ? Its killing me. I tried today flying my q500 without gps and it was not so bad after all, but when I attempted to land (had same issue before) it starts drifting just over the gound and does not want to slow down propellers. So I wanted to shut propellers down so it could clap on the ground from sth like 10 cm but it drifted so fast that the 3 second to shut proppellers off was too long period and it crashed to the ground :/
Landing with the small guy was terribly easy and it does not have gps, but have no idea how to do it with q500 with gps disabled. Will be very grateful for any advice how to do it.
thanks
Have you updated the quad? The update fixes the rough landing issues. Once you do, just hold the throttle all the way down while steadying with the right stick. Once it's on the ground for a couple seconds the props will slow down. Just be patient. Land with the quad facing away from you till you get the hang of it.

yep it is updated, maybe I should be more patient, but how do the quad know that it is hitting the ground, when gps is disabled ? Is it checked by accelerometer ?

yep it is updated, maybe I should be more patient, but how do the quad know that it is hitting the ground, when gps is disabled ? Is it checked by accelerometer ?
I'm not entirely sure but somehow it knows when it's close to the ground and when it's on the ground. It's just a slow process.

Do You ask about the model - q500 4k, or about the permissions ?
As it goes to permissions, to fly out of sight You need to have in Poland separate certificate for UAVO BVLOS. In vlos You dont need to have this for recreational and sport purposes, for other like commercial You need certificate as well but for VLOS only.
Regards

Do You ask about the model - q500 4k, or about the permissions ?
As it goes to permissions, to fly out of sight You need to have in Poland separte certificate for UAVO BVLOS. In vlos You dont need to have this for recreational and sport purposes, for other like commercial You need certificate as well but for VLOS only.
Regards
no, us here. asking if it's possible? do you fly by the screen? sorry, yes, q500 4K

Sometimes I am helping myself with the screen but no, I am trying only to fly in the visual line of sights, but I dont say its impossible, but You would need to be supercareful as it has a little delay between the actual state and the screen view. Hope that helps.

Every mode of default ones (the ones You can enter with the upper right stick) flies with gps. To exit gps mode You need to do some magic with the sticks, as I remember the position stick goes to the right and then You need to rapidly switch between Home mode and Smart mode 3-4 times. Then the diodes on a drone start to blink and this means its gps disabled mode. If You have 4K typhoon You can also switch gps off by going into settings from the controller. I did it only when copter was on the ground. I think You cannot do it durign flight unless You lose the gps signal then it goes to manual (gps off) mode as well.

Yep in Poland for other than recreational and sport usage of unmanned aircrafts You need to have license to fly UAVO in VLOS or BVLOS (another exam) for cartain MTOW category. -2 -7 -25 Kg
Piotr
Same here in Australia. Sitting my flying in a week and need to try this out. Sitting here reading and watching instead of trialling it. Maybe tomorrow? lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval