Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Follow up with some mine footage.

Is this a copper mine, Brent?

The color is so blue of the water. Nice and different. Thanks for posting. Fly safe.

Mine topped off at 160 meters... It must have been what I changed it to in the software. Thats 524 '

The one which say limit it to 400 feet and out of aircraft , you know that one.

I knew I would get somebody with this one;)

Depending on the country you are in, and for this discussion I'll reference the United States, the altitude you can operate at is established by many factors, including the distance relationship with a certificated airport and manned aviation traffic. The so called 400' limit is not a limit at all, nor is it a law or regulation referenced in Title 49 of the CFR's. In no location of the FAR's is a 400' hard limit placed on sUAS or model aviation that blankets the U.S. Such altitude laws generally state you must remain clear of controlled airspace until granted permission to enter, notify an airport operator when planning to operate within "X" distance of the airport, and remain clear and not present a hazard to manned aviation. There are nuances that extend to specific conditions and locations but in general you are not restricted to an altitude <=400'. You are however, limited to operating within line of sight (LOS) as referenced in Part 336 of the CFR's.

If you intend to function in activities that have laws and regulations you must become conversant in such laws or a couple things will happen; you will deny yourself areas of flight that are perfectly legal to fly in due to ignorance of law, and you will violate laws you did not know existed. The FAA publishes several books to assist in self education. One is the FAR/AIM, another is The Pilot's Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge, along with Aviation Weather, and a slew of other self training aids that can be accessed at the FAA website. You don't need to be limited to what someone says on the internet, you can read the laws as published for yourself.

What height restriction? It's user adjustable in the GUI.
I was told by yuneec that they configured it to where it can exceed 400ft in the air and when I had the 1st defective h I couldn't go past 400ft in the air I tried to adjust it but I couldn't figure it out since I'm still a noob

Being a noob you should probably leave the default limits alone.

Alter distance and height here:

Attachments

• GUI.jpg
    GUI.jpg
    415.4 KB · Views: 4

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval