Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Following the "Good News" thread. 1st flight without camera.

Reaction score
Well I had to send my camera in for re-focusing. I asked here if I could fly the H without the camera (for practice) and got the go-ahead. Short rant coming, I originally purchased a Syma X5 to learn to fly with because that's what I read for noob's (pronounced noobee not noob for those too young to realize) wanting to use one of these expensive bad boys for video production. I practiced with the Syma cheap $50 toy and got fairly good at it. Today I took out the H without a camera to fly like the toy. I only flew it on Angle/pilot mode and ****! To describe the difference between a $50 tay and the H, it's like I would imagine driving an old sedan (the Syma X5), then driving a Farrari (the H). OMG (never typed that before) this thing is awesome (to take a term from the 80's) to fly! I wish I could afford to buy one of these things just to play. Plus it just sounds great flying overhead and around. Also noticed how quiet it is once it gets 50 feet away or beyond. Quiet and cool as ****. Any problems with these are our own fault for buying a beta piece of hardware. Yes, we're beta testers as all buyers of new tech are. Some are going to be well,... not the best. Yuneec seems to be adapting and fixing things but despite knowing I was going to be a beta tester I had to get one of these after seeing all the demos from CES or whatever all those videos from around the world tech shows featuring the H. My Syma X5 could only go about 75 yards away before losing it. And I mean losing it. Lost it twice by letting it get too far. However, with the H I couldn't send the it far enough to go out of range before it go too small to even see. Line of sight and all. I haven't flown any other photography UAV before the H but I can say it is BASSA$$. Also my 1st advice of learning on a toy before flying an expensive drone was well worth the extra $50. I definitely recommend it. Have fun with your H's because it's nothing but fun.

Switch GPS off and then let her rip...becomes a total different beast then. Make sure you're high enough!

Manny,
Glad you too are having fun. As Easy stated, on your first flight with GPS off, be in a BIG open area, keep her up 50' or better till you see what she will do. The H will hold altitude pretty well with GPS off, but will drift with the wind very easily. There is a video on here, sorry I can not find the link when a guy demonstrates going from GPS on/off while in flight. He was pushing 60 MPH ground speeds, maybe even better with the camera off. (less drag and weight).
You are doing it right, fly often but fly safe.

I'm agreeing with Bob. There is just something bout these typhoons flying fun and you can record it. Fly safe.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval