Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

1. EdFly

Hey guys, I'm new here but been watching for a while. I thought I recalled someone once saying that it was important to format the Micro SD card within the ST16 to be sure it was done correctly. I just got off the phone with Yuneec Customer Support and they said it HAD to be done from a PC. Anyone?

Rayray likes this.
  2. abinder

I haven't reformatted my Sandisk micro SD since I bought and it seems to work okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. GRH

GRH

I did format the SD card that came with the "H" Pro on my desk top. Five successful flights with no issues, great machine.

Subtle Shots likes this.
  4. Rayray

Rayray Moderator
    Staff Member

The SD cards I have bought lately came formatted, work fine in my H and ST-16.

5. Cesar

I suspect the reason they mentioned to use the ST16 to format the SD is because the transmitter doesn't support any format other than FAT as any other format it won't recognize it. I used my MacBook and it worked as long as the format is FAT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. PatR

I format from a PC. So far I've used both FAT32 an ExFat formats with no problem. Use a quality brand card that's as fast as you can get. When you get a new card, delete whatever might be on it and use standard format, not quick format.

7. JB1

JB1

I was told by a yuneec tech that 32GB and under use FAT and to use EXFAT for anything larger.

8. JCFlippen

I only use 32gb or 16gb cards and use a new card for each location. With large 64gb cards it's too many eggs in one basket if a card corrupts or is lost for some reason.

abinder likes this.