Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Fox News - Tucker Carlson Drone Report

Obviously not aware of the laws. It's now a felony -- yep that's right - a FELONY to shoot down or prevent a drone from flying within the FAA reserved drone airspace up to 400' above ANY unrestricted PROPERTY. (unrestricted in terms of other classified FAA determined airspace such as airports, FRZ's, TFR's etc). So -- the ill advised will always speak opinions they know nothing about. Perhaps the FAA needs to require the public at large to get licensed for making such comments as well! LOL.

Reference: In 2016 the FAA "allowed" drones to fly below 400’ to prevent interference with planes, and makes it a felony for a landowner to block drones flying through the lower altitudes regardless of ownership. (F.R. 2016 6-28-2016 Pgs 42063- 42214 DOC #: 2016-15079)
Yes, I never understand this. It is not even allowed to destroy property that accidentally got on someone else's property if it was by mistake unless a reasonable person thinks they are in danger. Property rights exist for both parties. You cannot just destroy someone else's property because you don't like it.

If so, there would be a lot of Mazda B2600 with 32" woofers exploded around my house.

Reactions: JizzyGillespie
Right. Those were there before "drones" were big. They just weren't publicized because there was not an issue. But because of the idiots who fly unsafe around airports over stadiums into building, onto the white house etc. It caused for a more stringent formal outline.

And, unfortunately, as time goes on, the amount of "idiots flying drones" is going to increase.

I watched the program last night and got a different impression. From what I remember of the conversation, the FAA claims all airspace above ground level as their domain. I believe the 400' limit on UAV's is to allow a 100' cushion for the 500' minimum AGL for piloted aircraft. I think the 200' minimum above private property is being considered, or being discussed, to allow some "privacy" above the property owner's land. I could be wrong on all of this though.

I like Tucker, and the way he handles some of the ridiculous ideas of some of his guests, but I don't like the fact that he suggested using a shotgun to "shoot them down".

Just my personal thoughts on the subject...

Its controlled airspace from the surface up to the published vertical MSL limit in class B,C,D controlled airspace in the USA. No flight in restricted airspace. Helicopters fly at 500' AGL not fixed wing for the most part. Every other place, for the most part, has NO altitude restrictions from the surface up to 400' or higher

Last edited:
I don't like guns, drones, or motorcycles! Has anybody seen my soapbox?

DUMMY.jpg

Last edited:
While we welcome debate, please keep it friendly and on topic.
This is not the place to discuss political opinions or religion.
It is a place to discuss UAV's and our common love for them.
Carry on.

635957749655571687-1819433965_approval-driving-happy-nice-one-thumbs-up-zach-galifianakis-GIF.gif

I think people will get arrested for discharging a firearm into the air within city limits. No matter what they are shooting at. That's already the law as far as I know. It wouldn't be too smart to make any exceptions.
But your Honor I was shooting at a drone when my crazy ugly neighbor jumped in the way.
I know in many states it is against the law to fire a weapon in a subdivision. Some will not even allow archery practice in the back yard.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss