Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

???FPVLR or ITELITE DBS???

At your rate and my DBS I would be looking at 4500 ft. Much better.

Very interesting. Looks like a serious piece of equipment. I'll be waiting to hear some flight reports. For those of you who have long range antennas and say you are only getting 2000-3000 feet, you need to remember to keep a straight open line between you and your Typhoon H and my video always looks like it's going to die around 3000 feet, but I keep going and everything keeps coming back and I can easily go out to 6000-8000 feet depending on location and conditions. You will not lose control under two miles so you can push video and telemetry a little. And the higher you fly the longer range you can go, normally.

Just give me tree penetration.
I don't care which brand. But she is useless if flying behind trees.

Yes trees , hills, and buildings do it for me

I've got the ITELITE and it works well. No issues up to this point. Takes a sec to setup, but that's it.

for those of you with the FPVLR antennas it's best to remove these washers so the antennas stop rotating and you get best connection quality. Worked on mine, now they don't rotate any longer.

Yeah I removed mine but they still rotate somewhat. Just wish the FVPLR's had the connectors that would not require this. My DBS fittings fit securely. How hard can it be?

I have been using the FPVLR antenna for the past few days simply because it's easier to install in the field over my DBS. Great results thus far, no drop outs compared to the factory antennae where I occasionally would get a glitch or two flying near metal light poles in my park. I don't go very far (600-700 ft max). Just want a solid signal around trees and bldgs.

I like the look and sturdiness of the DBS and will use it these next few flights. I may start carrying the ST16 in a separate case to facilitate leaving the DBS antenna on and cutout additional setup time (which really is minimal) in the field. I like the robustness of the DBS since I can lay the transmitter down and not worry about the antennas swiveling around.

These new options posted above look interesting also. Can't go wrong with either choice I don't think.

Is that a UK system only??

Shipping for this unit is brutal. Only one shipping option. I just tried yesterday to order and I'm just across the border in Canada. $47 CAD to ship to Canada is a bit much. With the possible duty fees, CAD conversion from US and the expensive shipping, it's just not worth it. The DBS unit ships from the US - Carolina Dronz for only a fraction of that shipping cost, has tracking and actually fast shipping. I have bought 2 units from these guys and will continue to do the business.

I just removed (again, and again, and again...) this scam artist as it is the owner making more shill accounts to sell his product. Anyone who operates this way doesn't deserve anyones business.

Reactions: dirkclod
Question: do the FPVLR antennas simply replace the stock antennas? Or is the installation more complicated? I am having Carolina Drinz install an itelite DBS with boosters on my ST16. If the FPVLR antennas are all that I will need to fly my drone, then I could buy them in the future to compare with itelite and report on this forum.

However, I need to be sure...is installing the FPVLR antennas that simple?

Lucky Leaf...where did you find that FPVLR setup? That looks awesome!

Question: do the FPVLR antennas simply replace the stock antennas? Or is the installation more complicated? I am having Carolina Drinz install an itelite DBS with boosters on my ST16. If the FPVLR antennas are all that I will need to fly my drone, then I could buy them in the future to compare with itelite and report on this forum.

However, I need to be sure...is installing the FPVLR antennas that simple?
Both the FPVLR and ITElite DBS directly replace the screw on stock antennas.
I've not heard of the ITElite with boosters.

Mortalis:

Carolina Dronz is installing the following on my ST16:

Itelite DBS Antenna:
ITELITE DBS for Yuneec Typhoon H, Tornado H920L, ST16, ST24 Radio

Sunhans booster for 2.4 GHz antenna (to increase signal strength):
Sunhans mini-RC 3W 2.4GHz Booster Gold Edition

Sunhans booster for 5.8 GHz antenna (to increase signal strength):
Sunhans Mini-RC 2W 5.8GHz Booster Gold Edition

I will be testing this new configuration sometime late next week.
I can see those boosters being velcro'd to the back of the TX or to the back of the DBS module and then the supplied cables in between the connectors all around.
Those boosters have a USB cable included, do they have some type of internal battery that requires charging?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33