Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Front right motor will not start

Jom

Reaction score
Got the H last Thursday. Flew 5 times over the weekend. Noticed yesterday that when I started the H the right front led (white) would not light up. Got the 5 motor warning on the controller. Shut down started maybe 10 times then finally the right front led lit up and everything booted up normally. Flew an uneventful flight. Tonight I can't get the front right led to light up on boot up after trying for an hour. If you push the power button on the H until just the first beep and have you hand on one of the motors you can feel it vibrate slightly. On mine the front right motor doesn't and so I guess a call to Yuneec is in order. Something isn't right with that one motor. Anyone else have this issue?
Jon

Yes it sounds like an intermittent short in that arm. Call Yuneec .

Yup, I agree with BobW. Don't fly it until it's fixed. Could be a loose wire on the ESC which could quit inflight. My guess......it will have to go back to Yuneec for repair.

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately I think your all right. Calling Yuneec in the morning.

Jon

I had a similar issue with my Q500 and sent it in for repairs on the ONE motor and they sent me a whole DIFFERENT unit altogether. Despite the amount of money I spent on the modifications I made they're ignoring my concerns about getting back a TOTALLY DIFFERENT unit instead of my old unit. I explained to them that when a customer sends something in for repairs the customer should expect to get the same unit back in itsrepaired state don't you think? You don't take your Chevy in for repairs and expect not to say anything when they give you a Ford back instead.
Good luck with support is all I can say.

I had a similar issue with my Q500 and sent it in for repairs on the ONE motor and they sent me a whole DIFFERENT unit altogether. Despite the amount of money I spent on the modifications I made they're ignoring my concerns about getting back a TOTALLY DIFFERENT unit instead of my old unit. I explained to them that when a customer sends something in for repairs the customer should expect to get the same unit back in itsrepaired state don't you think? You don't take your Chevy in for repairs and expect not to say anything when they give you a Ford back instead.
Good luck with support is all I can say.
Your comparison is not accurate.
In your comparison you would have received back a DJI not a Yuneec.
You sent in a modded 2016 Chevy Impala and got back a newer unmodded Chevy Impala.
I understand your frustration and your implication. You should get your unit back, repaired or at least an email stating the unit was not repairable and they will be sending you a replacement with which you can reply that you have investments in the original and that can begin a whole new conversation.
Could your modifications in any way have created the issue you had to send the unit it for repair? Justle some wires loose?
Not that I want to hijack this thread with a debate on modifications and will not respond. I am only looking at it possibly from their side of the fence. Hey, at least you got a new Q.

Your comparison is not accurate.
In your comparison you would have received back a DJI not a Yuneec.
You sent in a modded 2016 Chevy Impala and got back a newer unmodded Chevy Impala.
I understand your frustration and your implication. You should get your unit back, repaired or at least an email stating the unit was not repairable and they will be sending you a replacement with which you can reply that you have investments in the original and that can begin a whole new conversation.
Could your modifications in any way have created the issue you had to send the unit it for repair? Justle some wires loose?
Not that I want to hijack this thread with a debate on modifications and will not respond. I am only looking at it possibly from their side of the fence. Hey, at least you got a new Q.
Took the words right out of my mouth,excellent comment.

Luckily it was a very simple call to Yuneec to get a RMA return authorization. Hope the rest of the warranty repair goes as smoothly.

Jon

Mortalis,
Perhaps my comparison was off? At first I was thinking "you don't get it!" Although after reading thru it I realized that you do ;). Because my whole argument is based on PRINCIPLE. And yes, it woukd have been nice if Yuneec had called or emailed me regarding this before automatically sending me out a new unit. Yet they did not and sent a new one anyway. And yes, at least I got a new Q.

As for the possibility of the motor going out because of the mods? I don't believe so because the antennas were installed professionally and it was functioning great for a few months with the extended range I was expecting. And I called the the company that installed the antennas and they assured me that the installation had nothing to do with the motor.
I would think that if a technician was to open it up to replace the motor I'm sure they might have noticed something loose in there? Then contact me to explain their findings and whether or not they can still do the repair and let me choose whether or not I want them to send me out a new one or send my old unit back to me so I can locate someone who can do the repair(s).
Yet it goes back to what you said, had they called or emailed me and explain their findings would have been totally different conversation.
Thanks for your reply and have a Yuneec ?

I got that same issue 3 or 4 times, I tried rebooting a few times and it didn't clear, left the drone on for 5-10 mins and it comes back on its own, it only seems to happen at power up. I dont think its intermittent short as when it does work, folding and unfolding the Arm have no effect whatsoever.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval