Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

frustrated

Reaction score
Hi, My wife bought me a Breeze for Christmas and I've been struggling with it since then. I don't understand how something as complex as this can be sold with no virtually no written instructions. The website is useless, the phone doesn't get answered and neither does e-mail. I'm also sick of looking at goofy pictures of girls on the beach and a guy pushing his kid on a bike while trying to get this stupid thing to work. Instead of the useless cutesy pictures how about some written instructions?

I've been having problems getting the WIFI to work and to date I was successful once in getting it to hover for maybe 10 seconds before the battery alert started flashing and I had to land (The battery had a relatively fresh charge) and that was it. I keep getting messages on my Android phone about low battery voltage even when both Breeze batteries and the phone battery are fully charged. Coming here to this forum hasn't made me feel much better since there seem to be multiple complaints similar to mine. Frankly I'm ready to take the thing back to the store. I don't care what the notice in the box says about that. I'm a busy guy and don't need all this frustration.

Have you done the firmware upgrade? What device are you using?

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

From the tone of your post I get the impression that you are very frustrated with the Breeze. Maybe you should go ahead and take it back to the store and get them to help you out since you seemed to have bought it local. These forums are a great source of help but usually someone that needs it has specific questions. It seems you cannot even get it off the ground.

Hi, My wife bought me a Breeze for Christmas and I've been struggling with it since then. I don't understand how something as complex as this can be sold with no virtually no written instructions. The website is useless, the phone doesn't get answered and neither does e-mail. I'm also sick of looking at goofy pictures of girls on the beach and a guy pushing his kid on a bike while trying to get this stupid thing to work. Instead of the useless cutesy pictures how about some written instructions?

I've been having problems getting the WIFI to work and to date I was successful once in getting it to hover for maybe 10 seconds before the battery alert started flashing and I had to land (The battery had a relatively fresh charge) and that was it. I keep getting messages on my Android phone about low battery voltage even when both Breeze batteries and the phone battery are fully charged. Coming here to this forum hasn't made me feel much better since there seem to be multiple complaints similar to mine. Frankly I'm ready to take the thing back to the store. I don't care what the notice in the box says about that. I'm a busy guy and don't need all this frustration.

I own two. It works as advertised as it's a selfie drone. The wifi connection is everything. It's not a dual band and needs the 5g wireless capability. My iPad works great but my first android tablet I bought did not as it was not dual band. Once you have a wifi connection, firmware updates automatically. If you cannot access the gallery section without Breeze on then you are not connecting to the app.

I'm a very experienced multi rotor owner and I crashed the breeze indoors first time. Do not try near any objects. I watched all the tutorials but pretty much got it for pilot mode. I found the GUI a bit to weird for me and got the dedicated controller as the sticks make it pretty great.

It's now my go to pop up and grab a shot camera drone.

Yuneec customer service is very good and I recommend calling them after you've tried to connect with a different device if it's still not working. You need to eliminate that first. It's possible you have a bad wifi module.

The one I crashed first by being stupid is being 100% repaired under warranty btw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Have you done the firmware upgrade? What device are you using?

Hi, It already has the latest firmware in it (1.1.6) or at least that's what we read. My device is a Samsung Galaxy 6. Thank you. Wil

From the tone of your post I get the impression that you are very frustrated with the Breeze. Maybe you should go ahead and take it back to the store and get them to help you out since you seemed to have bought it local. These forums are a great source of help but usually someone that needs it has specific questions. It seems you cannot even get it off the ground.

Hi Wingshooter: Yes, I'm very frustrated. I screwed around with my Breeze for days and only got it to fly once for maybe 10 seconds before the low- battery alarm started flashing. The Breeze is not unwilling to fly. The problem seems to be communication with my phone and erroneous low-battery warnings also. The biggest problem from my perspective is lack of instructions and a problem solving flow chart. Thank you Wil

I own two. It works as advertised as it's a selfie drone. The wifi connection is everything. It's not a dual band and needs the 5g wireless capability. My iPad works great but my first android tablet I bought did not as it was not dual band. Once you have a wifi connection, firmware updates automatically. If you cannot access the gallery section without Breeze on then you are not connecting to the app.

I'm a very experienced multi rotor owner and I crashed the breeze indoors first time. Do not try near any objects. I watched all the tutorials but pretty much got it for pilot mode. I found the GUI a bit to weird for me and got the dedicated controller as the sticks make it pretty great.

Yuneec customer service is very good and I recommend calling them after you've tried to connect with a different device if it's still not working. You need to eliminate that first. It's possible you have a bad wifi module.

The one I crashed first by being stupid is being 100% repaired under warranty btw.

Hi Craigcam, Thank you for the input. If I buy the dedicated controller I still need my cell phone clipped to it, correct? It looks that way in the photos. From what you say I might need to get a different cell phone which would be kind of a deal breaker. Thank you, Wil

Hi Craigcam, Thank you for the input. If I buy the dedicated controller I still need my cell phone clipped to it, correct? It looks that way in the photos. From what you say I might need to get a different cell phone which would be kind of a deal breaker. Thank you, Wil

It uses a phone or small pad for screen and camera controls. If your phone wifi has troubles maintaining connection with the Breeze then the controller won't help with that. The controller connects via Bluetooth and bypasses all the screen for flight. You loose all the modes except FPV via pilot. My iPhones work well but android has been tricky and the app is a bit different between them in editing and posting. The galaxy tab s2 I got was the cheapest reliable tablet I could find to run the breeze and it's good. While it will not fit the controller, it works great for all the touch flying and I can switch easily between set ups via who has the wifi connection.

I have experienced lack of connectivity in the field but a reboot of both pad and breeze gets it connecting again.

There are some great facebook pages for the Breeze that offer some great support. I was able to find some answers on there.

Buy a used samsung s4. It works for me. Make sure you calibrate. If anything fails call yuneec. They might just send you a remplacement

Hello Craig Cam,

I had downloaded the 1.39 firmware version (I hope that does not matter). I did follow the directions on the firmware update as well as the instructions after the transfer was complete. I did not get the version you specified when going to the 'About' section as well as no telemetry again! (See Attachments). Let me know what to do or what you find out from someone that is experienced as yourself! Thanks!

Attachments​

• 20201217_222451.jpg
    20201217_222451.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
  • 20201217_222448.jpg
    20201217_222448.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
  • 20201217_222445.jpg
    20201217_222445.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
  • 20201217_201734.jpg
    20201217_201734.jpg