Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Funniest trip to Best Buy.

Reaction score
I went to Best Buy to pick up a set of filters on clearance. Went to the drone section and could not find them. Best Buy employee came up to me and asked if I needed help. I asked if they had the filters and he showed me the one for dji. I told him I'm after the ones for the Typhoon H. He said no one makes accessories for the Typhoon H because they are discontinued. Wow you know as a Yuneec dealer you would of thought they would have let me know. He proceeded to tell me they are nothing in comparison to the Phantom 4. He mentioned how the H is limited to 1080p and how the Phantom can do over 4K. It was just getting better and better. He even said that DJI has industry leading customer service. I asked him which version he owns and he then told me he has never messed with any drones.

I found my filters with the go pros.

TFW he pronounced DJI as Digy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jcoppage
I use Best Buy for purchases for my drones solely because of their return policy and more so out of the lack of other legitimate options. Other than that, I have found their support staff to be a complete kit of tool bags. I do enjoy listening to the bs they spin up to me though when I'm in the store and go out of my way to ask a question. They are the definition of the uneducated consumer.

Unfortunately this is a sad commentary of the lack of sense and critical thinking that is our millennial generation. There's absolutely no investigation of the facts, just blind faith and regurgitation of swill and outright fabrication designed to bolster someone's agenda...whether accurate or not. Like lemmings...

I use Best Buy for purchases for my drones solely because of their return policy and more so out of the lack of other legitimate options. Other than that, I have found their support staff to be a complete kit of tool bags. I do enjoy listening to the bs they spin up to me though when I'm in the store and go out of my way to ask a question. They are the definition of the uneducated consumer.

I used to Love micro center. Then DJI showed up and it's now one giant DJI circle jerk. Best Buy though, every time I'm in there it's truth out the window. I mean they guy acted like I knew nothing. It not like Ive sold RC for a living the past 4 years.

In my experience, most of these people actually feel entitled to their opinion as well.
I like to call them "STUPID".

Reactions: abinder
some time it pays to buy on line and then pick the item up at the store , at least you know what you ordered and it's there waiting for you and you don't have to Listen to why the uninformed sales person thinks what he knows what is best .

Reactions: ebi718 and abinder
Experienced similar at Best Buy a few years ago when looking for a new laptop. The sales person lied their a$$ off, made up answers to questions, and generally didn't have a clue. When all was said and done I went to a different sales person and bought two of a different model. I already knew what I needed about those.

I only go to Best Buy when I need to see something for physical dimensions and general appearance, know what I need, and the price is right.

Reactions: abinder
I went to Best Buy to pick up a set of filters on clearance. Went to the drone section and could not find them. Best Buy employee came up to me and asked if I needed help. I asked if they had the filters and he showed me the one for dji. I told him I'm after the ones for the Typhoon H. He said no one makes accessories for the Typhoon H because they are discontinued. Wow you know as a Yuneec dealer you would of thought they would have let me know. He proceeded to tell me they are nothing in comparison to the Phantom 4. He mentioned how the H is limited to 1080p and how the Phantom can do over 4K. It was just getting better and better. He even said that DJI has industry leading customer service. I asked him which version he owns and he then told me he has never messed with any drones.

I found my filters with the go pros.

TFW he pronounced DJI as Digy.

You should let yuneec know so they can talk to BB about this incident.

Bill W.

I have spent a lot of money in Best Buy over the years and most times the sales staff are clueless. I have bought computers, tablets, televisions, software and various networking items as needed. I always do my research on line before going to Best Buy. To be fair though I did get good help while buying a microwave several years ago. The sales person lifted it in to the back of my truck ...

Reactions: PatR
Too bad there's people like that employee. Sort of the same thing that happens when Apple releases something new. It doesn't matter if there's a better product out there "its apple dude!".

I don't have a lot of experience with UAVs but I made my research before deciding to purchase the H, (honestly the phantom was second on the list and the solo was third) and even during my research I kind of felt that most users were biased towards the DJI products "just becase"

I also stumbled across this particular video back then:

Personally I am pretty happy with my H, but I don't understand why it is so out of the spotlight.

It seems that the web is full of DJI this and DJI that, and rarely do I see something from Yuneec unless I'm specifically looking for it. Too bad, since I've come to know that the H is an awesome machine. Money well spent.

Too bad there's people like that employee. Sort of the same thing that happens when Apple releases something new. It doesn't matter if there's a better product out there "its apple dude!".

I don't have a lot of experience with UAVs but I made my research before deciding to purchase the H, (honestly the phantom was second on the list and the solo was third) and even during my research I kind of felt that most users were biased towards the DJI products "just becase"

Personally I am pretty happy with my H, but I don't understand why it is so out of the spotlight.

It seems that the web is full of DJI this and DJI that, and rarely do I see something from Yuneec unless I'm specifically looking for it. Too bad, since I've come to know that the H is an awesome machine. Money well spent.

My list for drone picks are as follows
Typhoon H
Q500/Chroma
X-Star Premium
Mavic Pro
Phantom 3 Pro
Phantom 4

Reactions: ToToMcJoe

the old 95-5 rule " believe 95% of what you see and 5% of what you read or hear ". if you buy a chevy of course ford sucks or visa versa . don't believe all you read . there are lemons in everything it's the luck of the draw .

some time it pays to buy on line and then pick the item up at the store , at least you know what you ordered and it's there waiting for you and you don't have to Listen to why the uninformed sales person thinks what he knows what is best .
I use this approach, as I don't need or want advice on what to buy. The annoying thing is every time (all three most recent trips) I go in with my email confirmation that the item is ready for pick-up, the item is not in the customer pickup section. Inevitably there is a keystone cops routine as associates and managers run around trying to find my item only to find some slacker employee has a STACK of pull tickets in his pocket that he "just hasn't gotten around to pulling". And it was different guys each time. It's almost funny.

They are just trolls! That is why God gave us the delete button! LOL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal