Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Getting distorted videos from the ST-16 yet FPV view is fine

Reaction score
I have been looking at my video files stored directly on the ST-16. I am finding many occurrences of tearing, green areas, gray areas, etc... Basically like what is seen when Wifi is lost. However, I have not lost Wifi in FPV view in any of these. I have new Itelite antennas and they seem to be working great. I am not sure what the deal is with how the recorded videos are turning out this way.

Any ideas?

Why do you need the video recorded on the st16 to be perfect?
The video on the sd card in the camera is the video you should be using.
But just because you don't see the glitches in the screen while flying doesn't mean they aren't there.

I have been looking at my video files stored directly on the ST-16. I am finding many occurrences of tearing, green areas, gray areas, etc... Basically like what is seen when Wifi is lost. However, I have not lost Wifi in FPV view in any of these. I have new Itelite antennas and they seem to be working great. I am not sure what the deal is with how the recorded videos are turning out this way.
Any ideas?
The video recorded on the ST is indeed a rough recording and not intended to be used for anything other than a record of the flight.

I was using UAVToolbox and that uses the ST16 video. I know the camera video is much better. No issues with that.

UPDATE: I just figured it out on my own. It was the player I was using. I had .mp4 files set to the VLC player. When I switched them to Windows media player they look fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Carr
I was using UAVToolbox and that uses the ST16 video. I know the camera video is much better. No issues with that.

UPDATE: I just figured it out on my own. It was the player I was using. I had .mp4 files set to the VLC player. When I switched them to Windows media player they look fine.
Yes you are correct VLC does not like raw footage. I'm using an 8 core processor, 4.0GHz, 8GB Ram 64 bit with a 4GB video card. I still have to use HandBrake to view it in VLC.
But windows player I can watch in the raw.

Yes you are correct VLC does not like raw footage. I'm using an 8 core processor, 4.0GHz, 8GB Ram 64 bit with a 4GB video card. I still have to use HandBrake to view it in VLC.
But windows player I can watch in the raw.
Have you tried this one? I use it for a variety of formats as well as screenshots. Loads fast and is "lightweight".
Home · MPC-HC

Steve, thanks. did download. With raw footage it staggers very slightly. window media player is very crisp no issues. But MPC may come in handy in the future. much appreciate.:)

Steve, thanks. did download. With raw footage it staggers very slightly. window media player is very crisp no issues. But MPC may come in handy in the future. much appreciate.:)
I cant get my windows media player to play dng files

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers