Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

gimbal arm bent

Reaction score
Today i had a encounter with a tree branch and my TH dropped down about 6 ft and landed on the camera.. the bird is in perfect shape without a scratch but the gimbal arm is bent.. the camera will spin 360 still but when i put it to look forward it does nothing.. also when i move the drone the camera does not move... only if i spin it from the control.. i looked up some parts but everything i see is not what i need.. does anyone have any info on this?? Thank you..

Today i had a encounter with a tree branch and my TH dropped down about 6 ft and landed on the camera.. the bird is in perfect shape without a scratch but the gimbal arm is bent.. the camera will spin 360 still but when i put it to look forward it does nothing.. also when i move the drone the camera does not move... only if i spin it from the control.. i looked up some parts but everything i see is not what i need.. does anyone have any info on this?? Thank you..
Remove the camera and carefully inspect the 6 contacts. It could be that one or more have depressed from the crash. If so gently lift on the contact with a small thin knife blade to get it to pop back up.
If it still doesn't work then you will need to call Yuneec to get a RA number to send it in.

Since the entire gimbal assembly is made of plastic it would bend and break, not accept permanent deformity unless heat was applied. You more likely have something dislodged.

do you know of any sites that would sell the gimbal arm.. or is it better to just buy a new camera?

Since the entire gimbal assembly is made of plastic it would bend and break, not accept permanent deformity unless heat was applied. You more likely have something dislodged.
Typhoon H gimbal has 2 aluminum arms, one horizontally and one between yaw and roll motors.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430