Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Gimbal Help

Reaction score
Hello - I am a first timer here. I recently purchased a refurbished Q500. My concern is the camera sits a 45 degree angle and point to the ground by default. I have not done any firmware updates. Can someone advise me if it is broken and I should try to return it or is it normal or is there a work around? Thank you.

Attachments

• P1090953.JPG
    P1090953.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 15
If you have not powered the quad on the camera will sit in that position. Once you power on the Q500 it will initialize the camera so it sits straight.

Hello - I am a first timer here. I recently purchased a refurbished Q500. My concern is the camera sits a 45 degree angle and point to the ground by default. I have not done any firmware updates. Can someone advise me if it is broken and I should try to return it or is it normal or is there a work around? Thank you.
Does it tilt up and down with the roller switch on the left side of the controller?

I could be wrong Steve but it looks like the LED lights on the quad are off and no green light on the camera so that is telling me he has not powered the quad on. Might be bad lighting in that photo but you would think the green light would at least show on the camera.

I could be wrong Steve but it looks like the LED lights on the quad are off and no green light on the camera so that is telling me he has not powered the quad on. Might be bad lighting in that photo but you would think the green light would at least show on the camera.
Right. I see what you mean. I figured it was just a picture of the bird, but maybe he is talking about it with the power off.

Interesting. Mine doesn't sit sideways like that, and it came with the lock cover taped to it, holding it straight.

However, camera pitch/roll is not a motorized function, only tilt up/down and side-to-side. There may be something blocking it from sitting straight.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder