Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

1. Seachange01

Hi guys,
    So I turned off crash avoidance so I could land near myself.... leason learnt for rushing the landing..... I put it into a tree :(
    Im actually not too upset..it was a good lesson and itnwont happen again.
    I broke 1 prop.. and 2 connector pins that are kinda like plastic screws that hold the gimbal flat plates above the camera to each other.
    Has anyone done a gimbal repair?
    Was it expensive?
    The camera is still fine, and I live right by yuneek in Ontario, Cali...... So It will be going in Wednesday morning.
    Thanks in advance for any information.
    Alan
    Ps.... Am definetely still LOVING my H:)

Rayray likes this.
  2. Steve Carr

Steve Carr Moderator
    Staff Member

It's an easy fix. The plastic retainers are to prevent the camera from disconnecting from moderately hard landings. They will break during a crash.

Rayray likes this.
  3. Rayray

Rayray Moderator
    Staff Member

Did the cam and lower flat plate break off? If the wires did not break, the parts are available and cheap, including the rubber shocks if you lost any. Several bucks. But if more comfortable with Yuneec's help, do that. Great that you live close.

4. Seachange01

Update: HOW MUCH DO I LOVE YUNEEC!!! Phenomenal customer service :)
    I went in today, I was out in 10 mins. NO CHARGE. It had basically come apart, but no broken parts. They put it all back together and checked everything was fine and all while I waited. They even offered to do my upgrade, but I had already done it.
    I spoke about when they might have the upcoming liability release upgrade for those of us who live near airports and want to fly at a low level and I was told it should hopefully be out in about 2 weeks. (That was from the guy who did my repairs - John).

banned user and Brian Mackey like this.
  5. Seachange01

turns out it was just the rubber shocks that had pulled out of their holes (2 of them) so it was a pretty easy and straight forward fix.
    I was really impressed how happy they were to help out, and how friendly ALL the staff that I dealt with there were towards me.

6. Brian Mackey

I have had great service from Yuneec maybe its all in way you address the issue with them , I don't know, but My service has been impeccable!

Seachange01 likes this.