Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Gimble goes crazy

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
i've been looking up for solutions to this issue but no luck so far:
everything works fine with my typhoon G BUT the gimble.
as i switch the g500 on, the gimble starts rotating randomly with a continuous ticking.
I connected the quadcopter to my PC, updated all firmwares and checked all calibrations but when i click on "calibrate gimbal" nothing happens while it goes on rotating on its own.
any ideas?
Thanks!

Remove your gimbal and camera. Inspect the electrical contacts on the aircraft and the gimbal. Make sure none of them are pressed or stuck down. If you find one that is, a little "GENTLE" pressure with a tooth pick may pop it back up.
Let us know what you find.

i mounted the gimbal on the steadygrip that comes with the q500, and had the same issues: as i switch it on, the gimbal goes crazy for a few seconds when the steadygrip led switched to red and it stops. So i assume the problem is in the gimbal and not in the aircraft but at first sight, for what i can see, all contacts look "ok"...
this doesn't sound very nice does it?

Hi everyone,
i've been looking up for solutions to this issue but no luck so far:
everything works fine with my typhoon G BUT the gimble.
as i switch the g500 on, the gimble starts rotating randomly with a continuous ticking.
I connected the quadcopter to my PC, updated all firmwares and checked all calibrations but when i click on "calibrate gimbal" nothing happens while it goes on rotating on its own.
any ideas?
Thanks!
Do a short video and post it. Better to see than try to describe it.

update:
done a few unplugs and reboots, now the gimbal doesn't rotate randomly (and only now i can control the tilt from the controller) but when i switch the Q500 on, the gimbal goes completely left (like it was its center point, where it aims while the aircraft goes around) and goes back to center position when I switch it off.

If you que up multiple requests for a gimbal calibration the drone retains the multiple qued requests. I've seen this even after powering both the drone and the st16. More recently I've also noted that the gimbal calibration hesitates and even stops while grounded and will resume if I take off and hover. That's just as annoying

actually i've read that the GUI doesn't support gimbal calibration for the Typhoon G (i think this is why the calibration button is present but doesn't work). So what am I supposed to do?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz