Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Glonass

Also my belief. The USA has (now) about 31 Sats in world orbits, each circles the globe twice a day. Russia has at least 24 (now) in world orbit, each also circles the globe twice a day. As I understand it, virtually all devices being sold now that use GPS, be it phones or drones, utilize both systems.
the usa systen has 32 of which 24 are in use at any one time

Perhaps much ado about nothing. Glonass is not necessary for an excellent position fix. The length of time satellites are locked is a better grade of positional fix than having a large number of satellites "visible"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GPS is something we rely on every day, in many ways besides drones. The GPS Sats are in constant, though pre-determined, motion, moving at 14,000 KPH. The number in a device "lock", which constantly re-evalutes, determines the lateral accuracy. The number of Sats used in the "lock" causes resulting accuracy to be anywhere from 10 meters to 3 meters, roughly, depending on the device.

I'm sure the H uses both Glonass & GPS. I have the Phantom and it gets a similar number of sats as the H. Will have to try them side by side to confirm.

Steve I've had a Q 500+ since April 2015. It does not have glonass maybe yours does. I only get 6 to 8 GPS satellites on my ST 10+ and my QA500+ if you look above you will find Billy Texas post and it has the Q 500 4K and the Typhoon H go down and look at the GPS systems
You only get 6 to 8 satellites on your ST10 because it doesn't use glonass and doesn't need glonass. The Q500, however, does use glonass. My Q500 flightlogs show consistently having 15-17 sats.
Glonass.jpg I have owned every Yuneec model since they were first introduced and at that time the addition of glonass was a big deal. Today it's hardly ever mentioned since nearly all systems use it.

Like I said maybe yours does I know that mine doesn't.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariarussii11