Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Go home featuure

Reaction score
I have flown a q500 for 2 years without any issues . So i bought a h model and the first flight was rocky from beginning i took it up check camera views and wouldnt stay in one spot keep drifting away from me so i brought it back above me about 15 feet up hit home like normal and it took off to my right and crashed into a building about 30 feet away Broke all the props and detached the camera wires. Any ideas how this could of happened ? also wont the avoidance system work ? Im feeling bad bue have no idea what i did wrong>

Depends what direction the "H" is looking. Your controller has a safe zone built into it and if you put it in "Home" or "Smart" mode it will try to enforce that barrier. If the "H" flies away backing away from you and there is an object between it and the safe zone it will crash right into it.(GeoFence?)
Be sure to test the crash avoidance and real sense features. Even a minor crash can disable those features. The instructions say to place the "H" on level ground and to be a certain distance away from it before arming the motors.
I fly only in angle mode and will use the RTH only when I can't tell what direction it is pointed.

Last edited:
Okay I never noticed the green arrow, my eyes are locked on the "H" and just occasional and very quick glimpses at the video.
I just had to go out and power up and examine the st-16 screen and the symmetry of the arrow is kind of poor in my opinion. If the arrow was larger and shaped more like traffic arrow I could use that. Most of the time the screen is washed out in the sunlight, even with the shade installed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwclarc1