Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Good Drone Bad Drone?

Wow...there has got to be dome kind of fcc violation with this.
I wonder if we get our faa cert...are we and our aircraft protected the same way airplane would be form something like this? You know...a federal crime.

Bill W.

Wow...there has got to be dome kind of fcc violation with this.
I wonder if we get our faa cert...are we and our aircraft protected the same way airplane would be form something like this? You know...a federal crime.

Bill W.
It is a FAA and Federal Law already against taking a drone down!

Reactions: abinder
It is a FAA and Federal Law already against taking a drone down!
I figured that...but i would imagine even more so if we are certified and legally flying within the rules.
I also heard somewhere that those laws aren't really being enforced....im not sure.
Heard of anyone being arrested or charged with that crime?

Bill W.

I figured that...but i would imagine even more so if we are certified and legally flying within the rules.
I also heard somewhere that those laws aren't really being enforced....im not sure.
Heard of anyone being arrested or charged with that crime?

Bill W.
There was a man from California that took a drone out with a shotgun and was arrested, don't know the details of his fine/jail time though?

Reactions: abinder
Billy, your right. If your operating legally under FAR 107 and this guy brings you down.. then yeah I imagine there will be an FAA problem. I can see ALL kinds of unintended consequences with this sort of device. It's basically taking the law into your own hands at least right now. What if he downs a drone trying to get an eppi pen to a trapped accident/flood/storm victim and the victim dies. Then it's manslaughter. FAA not withstanding.. Here is what the FCC says.

Jamming Prohibition

The use of "cell jammers" or similar devices designed to intentionally block, jam, or interfere with authorized radio communications (signal blockers, GPS jammers, or text stoppers, etc.) is a violation of federal law. Also, it is unlawful to advertise, sell, distribute, or otherwise market these devices to consumers in the United States. These devices pose serious risks to critical public safety communications, and can prevent you and others from making 9-1-1 and other emergency calls. Jammers can also interfere with law enforcement communications. Operation of a jammer in the United States may subject you to substantial monetary penalties, seizure of the unlawful equipment, and criminal sanctions including imprisonment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval