Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

gopro editing software doesnt recognise the videos from the H

As the title says, i took some videos on my H, plays fine on the yuneec controller and on the PC but they are not recognised by Gopro studio or Quick software? Anyone know why?

Yuneec is using a different Codec/encoder with the CG03+ video; is my understanding. I can confirm stock Typhoon footage will not open in GoPro Studio even though it is an MP4. However, you can use a video converter to change the format to MP4 with H264 compression with zero quality loss and it will open in GoPro Studio. I use Wonder Share Ultimate and it does this easily.

Pat

Yuneec is using a different Codec/encoder with the CG03+ video; is my understanding. I can confirm stock Typhoon footage will not open in GoPro Studio even though it is an MP4. However, you can use a video converter to change the format to MP4 with H264 compression with zero quality loss and it will open in GoPro Studio. I use Wonder Share Ultimate and it does this easily.

Pat
Avidemux also works.

Pat
I started using Wondershare Filmora about a fortnight ago. I was using Davinci Resolve 12.5 previously but my computer struggled with it, sometimes making the resulting videos prone to being a bit 'jumpy' no matter what rendering settings I used. Filmora renders beautifully. Not as 'Singing & Dancing' as Davinci but it's ease of use and smooth resulting vids make up for that. It doesn't surprise me, then, that WS Ultimate will easily convert files to open in GoPro Studio.

The GoPro editor foes not work with Chroma/Q cameras either. Obtaining a new editor is not difficult or expensive, and a lot less work than converting to use the GoPro editor.

Converting it with Avidemux takes 20-30 seconds and the program is free.
GoPro Studio is also free. :)

I do not know why, but guess Go Pro has something in their software. I found I was able to edit in Go Pro Studio if I first converted the videos using a software called Handbrake. It is free. Just Google "Handbrake video Converter"

Handbrake is cross-platform, there are versions for Windows, Mac and Linux. It has a good reputation for both speed and quality.

Their website says it will, but I am not familiar with this program. Looks like it is an Apple application. I use my Dell laptop with just a Windows 7 OS. Really want something faster however.
Quik is gopro`s easy editing program, I've used I a couple of times now, I find the gopro studio a bit daunting atm

As the title says, i took some videos on my H, plays fine on the yuneec controller and on the PC but they are not recognised by Gopro studio or Quick software? Anyone know why?
Desktop version of Quik will not accept anything that's not from a gopro, however... the app version will. It was called Replay before gopro bought them and I've been using the app version of replay and quik for many years. I have a full process on my workflow. I can share that if you want. I've tried everything to from modifying the meta data to formatting the content to make it look like gopro content... all failures.

Thanks for your help, so quik should work on an ipad, I'll borrow one and try, I managed to get it working on Gopro studio using avidmux but I find quik easier atm, I guess I should make myself more confident with the full Gopro studio software.

I tried this and it imports just fine. Only snag is as you go through the production process step 2 is EDIT. The video you imported disappears from the media bar and you cannot see it or edit it!??

Thanks for your help, so quik should work on an ipad, I'll borrow one and try, I managed to get it working on Gopro studio using avidmux but I find quik easier atm, I guess I should make myself more confident with the full Gopro studio software.
Depending on the type of Apple device you use, you may have to process the video. I have an iPhone 5S, which does not support 4K video, so I use Handbrake to batch process all my 4K video down to HD to make it easier to work with in Quik. Here's a link to Handbrake - HandBrake: Open Source Video Transcoder

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio