Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

1. Ian Sugden

New to the group - Hi

Perhaps the more experienced can shed some light on this for me; If I press record on the GoPro before I launch the camera records fine and streams to the ST10+, but if I try to use either the start record or capture buttons on the controller the I get a 'failed to record / capture' message on the display. The video streams fine regardless.

Anybody got any ideas?

TIA
    Ian

2. Randall Burg

Hi, I recently talked with the factory representative about the issue with using a GoPro with the Typhoon G. I had the same issue with using my GoPro4 Silver. The factory position is that GoPro would not give Yuneec the code needed to control a GoPro with the ST10 or ST10+.

Representative suggested that you start the GoPro prior to taking to the air - and thats what I do. Uses a lot of memory in the Gopro memory card and makes it difficult and slow to edit - but is is do able.

I have successfully used a Sumsong 7" tablet with the CGO Steady Grip - works fantastic - and will try to add a mount to my ST10+ so I can use together to control my Gopro while in the air.

I have to say that the Yuneed 3 motor gimbal gives me silky smooth voids - I love it!

RB

3. Ian Sugden

Hi Randall,

Thanks for the update, it's reassuring to know it's not me.

Can anybody pass comment as to success with other GoPro models?

Yeah, pressing record before the flight is a bit of a pain, but at least I can guarantee some decent footage of my feet (footage / feet :-D .... )

Let us know how the GoPro app controller range pans out as an alternative

TY
    I

4. Randall Burg

I was able to get the Samsung 7" tablet with Gopro software to control the GoPro with the Typhoon G instead of using the ST10+ LCD screen to see and control my GoPro4 Silver. I tested over a few hundred yards. I made a mount to hold the tablet on the ST10 + out of cardboard with extra cardboard extension on the back side for support while mounted on the ST10+. Holder/tablet mount is a thin rectangle box with card board internal and edge supports that slips over the handles, etc. I painted it blue. Looks and works great. Rubber bands held the tablet to the rack Additionally I unplugged the camera gamble from the MK58 transceiver and removed the antenna attached to the MK58 transceiver. I let the gamble 4-pin club attached to the Typhoon so had tilt control of the gimbal. Both the Typhoon and the GoPro worked great!! Needs a shade so thats next.

5. ruckuss

Do you have any issues with interference with the WIFI on the GoPro tuned on?