Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Got my bird back!!!

Reaction score
Ok fellow pilots. I got my freezing bird back. They fixed the landing gear, replaced the GPS module, and 2 of the arms. The 1 thing they didn't do as seat the camera back? but it poped right back into place. Didn't have time to fly it but turned it on.

Normally it would take a while to get gps signal being I was at home. (no i wouldn't dare fly it in the house) It literally found sats within seconds of me turning it on. I picked it up and moved around because normally again it would loose signal. But it held strong.

Next, I checked the last video that was made on the ST16 and it was them flying it almost to the freeway and back!!! It flew like a dream. and they took a picture of the building.

Lastly, I just want to say for those under warranty if you even think there is an issue with your bird just send it in. They asked for it before but I couldn't let her go. lol The whole ordeal was quick and easy.

Reactions: Average Joe
Hope the first flight test works out for you. I've had a good experience with the Yuneec support in the past. I've had this compass warning suddenly popping up and I am hoping I can get this worked out and actually get a few flights without an issue. Guess we'll see how it goes.

Good luck on the test flight!

Last edited:
Reactions: yerrickl
Hope the first flight test works out for you. I've had a good experience with the Yuneek support in the past. I've had this compass warning suddenly popping up and I am hoping I can get this worked out and actually get a few flights without an issue. Guess we'll see how it goes.

Good luck on the test flight!

Thanks! Hope it all works out well with you as well. Il take a warning over a crash any day! But when in doubt send it home.

Reactions: Average Joe
Glad to read that you got it back with everything fixed! I've had nothing but success when dealing with Yuneec Service in California when I had problems.

Glad to read that you got it back with everything fixed! I've had nothing but success when dealing with Yuneec Service in California when I had problems.

Thanks! I really love there service. It was very quick. But a shock see my bird near the freeway lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Test flight was an ultimate success!!! Didn't notice they made a lot of adjustments to my st16. Very responsive! It was very windy also. In turtle it held up ok but in turtle it was a beast! I'm totally in love this this bird now.

The landings were so smooth also. I had a faulty throttle.

Ima say it Again! If you notice anything funny about your bird. Send it in. They are very quick fixing my bird.

Peace and happy holidays!

Just curious....what was the turnaround time from sending it out to warranty and getting it back?
I sent mine out and tracking says it was delivered to the warranty centre Dec 12.
It was just the camera/gimbal that was being looked at and I'm starting to wonder what's the holdup.

Just curious....what was the turnaround time from sending it out to warranty and getting it back?
I sent mine out and tracking says it was delivered to the warranty centre Dec 12.
It was just the camera/gimbal that was being looked at and I'm starting to wonder what's the holdup.

It took about 7 days. It took longer for it to get there. But they gave me up to the minute updates. You should have gotten emails if it's there. If not I'd call them

Did you send yours to California?

Mine just shut down and fell out of the sky back in October. Sent it back to Yuneec for repairs and got it back in 2 1/2 weeks. But since then, I've been having other problems, all occurring when fly in the smart mode. 1) When hovering, it will tilt and dart as much a couple feet. 2) it will not hold it's position, drifting about 15 feet over a period of about 15 minutes. )When doing a compass calibration, it will not restart by itself. 4) When landing, the landing gear will not self deploy. 5) When landed, the motors will not shut off automatically. Would all of this be related to a malfunctioning GPS? Angle mode seems to be trouble free.

Fell out the sky! I only heared of that when the battery wasn't push in all the way.

1) When hovering, it will tilt and dart as much a couple feet. This depends on how close you are to the H. If your in smart mode it will move away from the controller. It also could be interferences in the area. You can check UAV apps to see what is says.

2) It will not hold it's position, drifting about 15 feet over a period of about 15 minutes. How many sats are you on? Are all the props good? After you calibrate the H and st16 turn the H off then back on for changes to take effect.

3) When landing, the landing gear will not self deploy. You have to flip the switch for the lading gear to go up and down. Nothing is automatic on the H it totally waits for you. And never land in smart mode or its subject to flip over.

4) When landed, the motors will not shut off automatically. The motors won't turn off till you hit the red button. I fly as low to ground as I can and hit the button.

Sorry your still having issues. Hopefully the tips I learned helps. if not you may have to send it back in. Im still learning about this beast still. Focusing on the camera now. I have a 3dr solo and bebop drone and it does all the work for you but the H is so graceful in the air but with that comes a highly complex ground station.

Let us know your outcome bro! Its time to post some videos soon

Fell out the sky! I only heared of that when the battery wasn't push in all the way.

1) When hovering, it will tilt and dart as much a couple feet. This depends on how close you are to the H. If your in smart mode it will move away from the controller. It also could be interferences in the area. You can check UAV apps to see what is says.

2) It will not hold it's position, drifting about 15 feet over a period of about 15 minutes. How many sats are you on? Are all the props good? After you calibrate the H and st16 turn the H off then back on for changes to take effect.

3) When landing, the landing gear will not self deploy. You have to flip the switch for the lading gear to go up and down. Nothing is automatic on the H it totally waits for you. And never land in smart mode or its subject to flip over.

4) When landed, the motors will not shut off automatically. The motors won't turn off till you hit the red button. I fly as low to ground as I can and hit the button.

Sorry your still having issues. Hopefully the tips I learned helps. if not you may have to send it back in. Im still learning about this beast still. Focusing on the camera now. I have a 3dr solo and bebop drone and it does all the work for you but the H is so graceful in the air but with that comes a highly complex ground station.

The battery was still firmly seated when I picked the drone up.

The

1) When hovering, it will tilt and dart as much a couple feet. This depends on how close you are to the H. If your in smart mode it will move away from the controller. It also could be interferences in the area. You can check UAV apps to see what is says. I have tried flying at different locations. No difference.

2) It will not hold it's position, drifting about 15 feet over a period of about 15 minutes. How many sats are you on? Are all the props good? After you calibrate the H and st16 turn the H off then back on for changes to take effect. I have been manually rebooting after the H beeps.

3) When landing, the landing gear will not self deploy. You have to flip the switch for the lading gear to go up and down. Nothing is automatic on the H it totally waits for you. And never land in smart mode or its subject to flip over. The landing gear used to self deploy prior to the crash.

4) When landed, the motors will not shut off automatically. The motors won't turn off till you hit the red button. I fly as low to ground as I can and hit the button. The motors used to turn off automatically prior to the crash.

Mine just shut down and fell out of the sky back in October. Sent it back to Yuneec for repairs and got it back in 2 1/2 weeks. But since then, I've been having other problems, all occurring when fly in the smart mode. 1) When hovering, it will tilt and dart as much a couple feet. 2) it will not hold it's position, drifting about 15 feet over a period of about 15 minutes. )When doing a compass calibration, it will not restart by itself. 4) When landing, the landing gear will not self deploy. 5) When landed, the motors will not shut off automatically. Would all of this be related to a malfunctioning GPS? Angle mode seems to be trouble free.

Smart mode is really not smart and is the lead cause of smashing into things. It's always been tricky with their birds (blade products have Yuneec guts and parts depending on model with similar idiosyncratic behaviors in smart mode) as your geo fence is involved. You will notice everywhere how they stress learning to fly in angle asap and warn how smart mode can cause crashes.

Here is what's not clear from you... what happens in RTH mode? That's the only one that takes over and self lands the drone and handles gear lowering and motor stop. Have you had OBS switch on when in smart mode? If so, every time you move it will also.

BUT.... the biggest red flag is saying it's never restarted post compass calibration as there are only two options here which is successful calibration or failure. If it failed, you'd be getting compass warnings with main light flashing yellow on H and ST throwing out warnings all the time. Flying would be a real ***** and very unsafe for you and your H. A fly away or loss of control is coming the longer you try to fly around the obvious lack of your control inputs working properly.

Smart mode is not going too initiate without GPS lock. GPS lock can't happen properly without compass being calibrated. It automatically switches to angle mode if GPS signal is lost during smart mode. If you don't have the full collision avoidance package (pro), then there is less to consider is going on here. If you do (is there a straight bar under your nose with what looks like little cameras or is there just the two sonar sensors at the nose?) have the full collision and indoor positioning package then remember that it too contributes to what appears the be erratic but is also just the sensors doing there jobs based on new stick inputs relative to you and last position.

Finally, you cannot look at how the H moves and declare a problem based on your perception of "jumpy" behavior. That takes a bit to get used to as quads behave differently to sticks then the H does. It's tricky holding low altitude no matter what with any drone because of backwash and the H with six motors is working its hardest when trying hold steady at anything below 4'. The difference is when I saw jerky movements in past camera platforms I knew my video also probably would have a jello moment. With the H, I can have the whole bird swing around hard in wind and turns etc.. and with proper camera angle and positioning never see any interruption of really smooth video. I purposely record my shadow while in low hovers and jerk sticks all around and then compare video deflection against what the shadow says is happening above that gimbal. I do that post updates and calibrations as a way to ensure my video is stable regardless of what I see the H doing.

Post a video of it failing that restart after compass calibration. This is a new one and if true, you need to contact YUNEEC Monday and don't fly it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

The landing gear will not deploy in RTH mode. Prior to the crash, the landing gear would deploy and the motors would turn off after landing in smart mode or RTH. These items which I have described as issues never occured prior to the crash. I am in touch with Yuneec. they asked me to download and send them the flight logs which I did.

The landing gear will not deploy in RTH mode. Prior to the crash, the landing gear would deploy and the motors would turn off after landing in smart mode or RTH. These items which I have described as issues never occured prior to the crash. I am in touch with Yuneec. they asked me to download and send them the flight logs which I did.

Good. They really came through for me. Crashes can kill motherboards. A crack of any kind will break contact on surface mount components. You may need new electronics. Motors also take hits that are not obvious at first. Early DJI crashes with PH1 users were always a PIA because you could never figure out which motor was misbehaving and SOP was to replace all 4. The H motors are really affordable which is nice. I've stated earlier somewhere that the landing gear switch is the kind that fails the easiest on my other radios. With all my Spektrum Transmitters I've changed those out to the shorter throw but more robust switches. I'm getting ready to do the same with ST 16.

Hope you have an answer soon. Second guessing crashes is no fun but hopefully there is a good take away in the end.

Good. They really came through for me. Crashes can kill motherboards. A crack of any kind will break contact on surface mount components. You may need new electronics. Motors also take hits that are not obvious at first. Early DJI crashes with PH1 users were always a PIA because you could never figure out which motor was misbehaving and SOP was to replace all 4. The H motors are really affordable which is nice. I've stated earlier somewhere that the landing gear switch is the kind that fails the easiest on my other radios. With all my Spektrum Transmitters I've changed those out to the shorter throw but more robust switches. I'm getting ready to do the same with ST 16.

Hope you have an answer soon. Second guessing crashes is no fun but hopefully there is a good take away in the end.

Flies well in angle mode. Hovers dead steady. I can fly it around doing figure 8's no problem.

Did you send yours to California?

I had to send mine to a Canadian service centre in Mississauga. They told me to send it there but then emailed me an RMA label to send it via UPS to the California facility (obviously a mistake but I had sent it already anyway via Canada Post).

I contacted Yuneec about a status update and they told me to contact the Canadian warranty/repair centre directly. Phoned them today and I was told that they were still waiting for parts. They also told me that they are instructed to not contact customers directly (odd protocol for warranty work).
At least I have a status on my UAV and the warranty centre now has my phone # on file so they can call me if there's going to be any added delay (told them to disregard their standing order Re customer calls, and call me direct).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece