Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Got my RealSense....now what?

Not sure yet I hope you can get the video feed back to the controller or capture it another way. If I can't do that with it I can't use it to fly ahead of my rover and get the data for making maps. I also have a Lidar unit I'm going to hang under it. Bought some extra camera mounting blocks so I can try and get that to work. Using the block I can just switch it out for the camera module. Going to use an arduino nano and a xbee radio for that feed. I think I can fit them in that block. Only thing I'm worried about is the signal interfering with the control or video from the TH. I've heard rumors of a SDK for the TH. I'd love to see that. Haven't looked inside yet but from what I've read they are using intel cpu in the bird as well as the controller. If that is the case there is already software for the Realsense that will run on that processor. When I first started looking into the TH it looked like they were going to use the Krait processor then switched to Intel for the whole system. A good move IMO. As Intel is making a big push into GPU's video sensors and IOT. And they have the resources to make great products. A division of Intel has a UAV with 6 of those cameras in a circular array that is really slick. The Zed is similar but doesn't have as many features. 500 bucks too. Amazing the tech has gone from $500 to $99 with more features in less than a year. Where the Zed would fail due to low light the RS turns on its IR projector and carries on. I have a lidar unit to take up the slack for the Zed. No telling what will be available next year. Actually I'd like to have the RS on the gimbal. That would be ideal for my application. I do wish the IPS was lidar and not sonar. Sonar is easily diverted by angular surfaces. I worked on a project one time to replace the ir sensors on a car washing bot with sonar. The windshields scattered the signal and made it unusable. If you look at the firmware information on the ST-16 you will see there is a place for some IPS firmware. I suspect that is the driver for the RS as well. The USB port on the bottom is connected to the main computer so there is your interface.

Off topic but has anyone here been able to pry into the camera's wifi? Wonder if it has a setup screen similar to say a wireless router that can be accessed through a web browser. I know I haven't had any luck.

It disables wifi on the tablet for anything else when the flight screen is up so you can't get to it that way. There is a file on the camera's ssd that is called wireless.config that has the password for the wifi in it. If you rebind you have to have that password. Its 1234567890. Does it show up on your phone or computer's wifi scan? Might be able to use that password to connect if you know the SSID.

Reactions: Forrestt
It disables wifi on the tablet for anything else when the flight screen is up so you can't get to it that way. There is a file on the camera's ssd that is called wireless.config that has the password for the wifi in it. If you rebind you have to have that password. Its 1234567890. Does it show up on your phone or computer's wifi scan? Might be able to use that password to connect if you know the SSID.
Yeah I know all this. What I want to do is access it through a web browser like you do most wireless routers to change config and such. It is usually accessed by typing 192.168.1.1 into your browser. Maybe it isn't possible this route.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erothots