Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Got one of my pics featured on TV

Reaction score
Hi guys, just thought I'd let you know it's not all bad news out there. Got one of my pictures taken with my H featured on a regional TV weather programme.(Tonight at 6.30 p.m. GMT, Meridian Weather Forecast).

And before anyone criticises the blur on the top of the photo which we all know is one of the blades, the general public do not know that and need not know... I did mention it was taken from 300ft up so it's obvious it was from a drone.

Can only help in the fight against the public's misconception of drones.

Goring Gap looking towards Ferring.jpg

Hi guys, just thought I'd let you know it's not all bad news out there. Got one of my pictures taken with my H featured on a regional TV weather programme.(Tonight at 6.30 p.m. GMT, Meridian Weather Forecast).

And before anyone criticises the blur on the top of the photo which we all know is one of the blades, the general public do not know that and need not know... I did mention it was taken from 300ft up so it's obvious it was from a drone.

View attachment 6066
Great, how much did they pay you?? I really hope you didn't gave it to them??

Reactions: BrightonBlue
Sometimes, things in life are free, my life does not revolve around money, just pleasure.
Understand, but it's not at all a matter of money, it's a matter of how photographers are treated!! I work as prof, photographer and struggle everyday that all who get their pics published on a commercial site should be payed! Best from Sweden

Reactions: Murray Martz
Understand, but it's not at all a matter of money, it's a matter of how photographers are treated!! I work as prof, photographer and struggle everyday that all who get their pics published on a commercial site should be payed! Best from Sweden
I understand. Am now retired but do appreciate you need to get paid.

Reactions: Photo
Great, how much did they pay you?? I really hope you didn't gave it to them??
But that would then open a rather large can of worms with the CAA if they paid him and if he does not have a PFAW.

Here in Europe and the UK people send in pictures they have taken of that days weather and the station chooses one to show each day. It's a common practice, doesn't pay anything but all the same it is nice to see a picture you took on the TV usually accompanied with a credit of who took it. The pictures themselves do not depict anything newswothy and a just a way of including the viewers in the broadcast.
It's not always about the money.
Nicely done Brighton Blue. Congratulations. :)

I've had a video I took of a building fire played on BBC news. No payment, I let them have it for an on screen credit.
I didn't mention it on here as it was done using my Mavic.
Nicely done Blue.

View attachment 6066
Ok ok, I know its fun to watch your own pic on TV with credit but try to buy food for that credit line... Still its wrong to give away pics to commercial sites. Don't do it! You ruin business opportunities for other photographers. Will those who display your great pics give you anything for free?

Ok ok, I know its fun to watch your own pic on TV with credit but try to buy food for that credit line... Still its wrong to give away pics to commercial sites. Don't do it! You ruin business opportunities for other photographers. Will those who display your great pics give you anything for free?

Hi Photo.
I really don't know what your problem is? Answer me this: how does one get a foot in the door with any new business?
From my past experience of working for myself you have to do a few freebies as sweetners, so what's the difference. I do hate people who are always so negative about everything... we only live once, so let's enjoy it!

Blue, where I live if they gave me so much as a single penny I could be punnished by the courts. As a hobby pilot I am not allowed to earn anything. Posting pictures or videos on a channel with adds is enough to get you into hot water.
Be proud you saw your picture and enjoy your moment of fame.
I had the same thing happen to me when a clip of a karaoke song I sang on an app where used in a commercial. All my friends and mates all saw me songing twice for about 4 seconds each time. It was fun and a good laugh. A box of chocolates would have been nice but so what

Hi Photo.
I really don't know what your problem is? Answer me this: how does one get a foot in the door with any new business?
From my past experience of working for myself you have to do a few freebies as sweetners, so what's the difference. I do hate people who are always so negative about everything... we only live once, so let's enjoy it!
I agree with this. I've done a couple of freebies to help build my reputation. One of them was for an action group that had organised a protest rally against plans to build on Green Belt land around Manchester. Some of that footage was used by two different local newspapers on their 'free to view' web sites. One in Oldham and one in Rochdale.

Good shot and nice colours, but a bit depressing. Between the town and intensive agriculture, there's not much space for nature.

Good shot and nice colours, but a bit depressing. Between the town and intensive agriculture, there's not much space for nature.
Well, considering in a year's time there will be around 300 house's on that farmland and will join up miles of coastal towns, how can that photo be depressing? It's what's going in its place that is depressing!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal