Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

GPS antennas

Reaction score
Hello
I just got the Typhoon H and it is amazing.
In the boxing I have two antennas for the GPS one is a flat head and another is a mushroom I was wondering what does each of them do. And which one is better.
And another question is what does the aux button on ST16

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 27
Hello
I just got the Typhoon H and it is amazing.
In the boxing I have two antennas for the GPS one is a flat head and another is a mushroom I was wondering what does each of them do. And which one is better.
And another question is what does the aux button on ST16
Those are the 5.8GHz antennas for the video signal. The flat one is directional meaning it must be facing the H to get a good signal. It should give you better video stability.
The aux switch is not currently used.
Are you new to flying this type of machine?

Those are the 5.8GHz antennas for the video signal. The flat one is directional meaning it must be facing the H to get a good signal. It should give you better video stability.
The aux switch is not currently used.
Are you new to flying this type of machine?
Thanks for the answers. Yeah I just got it yesterday

Ao the two other antennas are for GPS? I thought they are wifi antennas

Thanks for the answers. Yeah I just got it yesterday

Ao the two other antennas are for GPS? I thought they are wifi antennas
The GPS antennas are inside the ST16 and inside the H. The long stick antennas are 2.4GHz for telemetry and control of the aircraft. The 5.8GHz is the wifi video antenna.
If this is your first multicopter I would suggest picking up a cheap quadcopter and do some practicing before flying the H. You can also get the Yuneec simulator which allows you to practice flying the H with your ST16 controller on your computer. While the H is very easy to fly, it's equally easy to crash and that will be expensive and may take a month to get repaired. It's much better to gain some skill prior to flying this bird.
You should watch a lot of Youtube videos including these:

Reactions: Niblett
The other 2, 2.4Ghz antennas control the Typhoon H. The newer firmware, allows the 5.8Ghz video antennas to also transmit control signals just like the 2, 2.4Ghz antennas as a redundant means of control. The Flat 5.8Ghz antenna is directional so it needs to face the Typhoon H, the smaller Mushroom antenna is omni directional. Imagine a doughnut or torus over the mushroom with the mushroom antenna in the hole of the doughnut or torus, this is the pattern the signal makes from the mushroom antenna. The strongest signal with the mushroom antenna is edge on which is why it's hinged so you can bent it up keeping the edge facing the drone. I find if I'm flying overhead in a confined area, the flat directional antenna works best, not the omni directional mushroom.

Always keep in mind that the hole over the doughnut or torus is the weakest signal which is why you want it edge on or perpendicular to the drone.

Reactions: Mhjalilib
The GPS antennas are inside the ST16 and inside the H. The long stick antennas are 2.4GHz for telemetry and control of the aircraft. The 5.8GHz is the wifi video antenna.
If this is your first multicopter I would suggest picking up a cheap quadcopter and do some practicing before flying the H. You can also get the Yuneec simulator which allows you to practice flying the H with your ST16 controller on your computer. While the H is very easy to fly, it's equally easy to crash and that will be expensive and may take a month to get repaired. It's much better to gain some skill prior to flying this bird.
You should watch a lot of Youtube videos including these:

Thanks a lot steve. And thanks for the videos.
Actually I had drones for about 4 years I meant this is my first from yuneec.
And I had aviation instructions before :)

Thanks again for clearing that up for me

Thanks a lot steve. And thanks for the videos.
Actually I had drones for about 4 years I meant this is my first from yuneec.
And I had aviation instructions before :)

Thanks again for clearing that up for me
Good to know you have prior experience. Still, Yuneec aircraft have many things that are different from other aircraft. It's good to spend time getting to know the different functions and modes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio