Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Gps comparison

Reaction score
Tonight I had both aircraft, my Q500 and H Pro powered and connected to there respective controllers. This was inside my garage.

The Q500 locked in 10 seconds to 12 sats.

The H had 10 sats but constantly showed ‘Acquiring’

Are the gps modules the same?

They were located approx 3 feet from each other

any ideas would be a help guys

Might be better posting in a more appropriate section. Nothing really to do with H3.

Tonight I had both aircraft, my Q500 and H Pro powered and connected to there respective controllers. This was inside my garage.

The Q500 locked in 10 seconds to 12 sats.

The H had 10 sats but constantly showed ‘Acquiring’

Are the gps modules the same?

They were located approx 3 feet from each other

any ideas would be a help guys

The garage is not an ideal place for a test of the GPS module

Reactions: Steve Carr
They are not the same, different part numbers. There are many variables that would make one acquire sats faster than the other.

How often have you been using the H Pro? If it only every couple of weeks or less you may have to let the H sit powered up for an hour or more to replenish the battery in the GPS module.

Agree the garage is not the best place but it does show the difference in the GPS acquisition and lock of both aircraft.

How often have you been using the H Pro? If it only every couple of weeks or less you may have to let the H sit powered up for an hour or more to replenish the battery in the GPS module.
Is the q500 the same in respect of the internal gps battery do you know ?

Agree the garage is not the best place but it does show the difference in the GPS acquisition and lock of both aircraft.

What it shows is you have two different GPS units, neither having a certification standard, installed in different places of two different aircraft being tested in a poor testing environment. Essentially you have no usable data to form a conclusion.

Reactions: Mike Irish
Acquisition problems with the TH have also been attributed to the Flight Controller being defective. It is not always the GPS module.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Telefoni