Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

GPS Signal Lost and Objective Avoidance Failure Warnings

I get the same GPS lost warning with the H on the ground, even with full satellites and perfectly ready for take-off in every way, ever since getting mine back from getting a new GPS board. It always makes me nervous enough to sit for an extra minute before firing up the props and lifting off. I have power lines on my property but they're a good 100' away from my driveway where I start. In fact, I come within 10-15' of them on the way across our pond to go harass my son in the guest house when the H is hundreds of feet away from me and they seem to have no affect then. I haven't done the latest auto pilot update that just came out, but do have the latest full update and have done all calibrations, including the ST-16. This last flight, I happened to notice the led flash orange one time in between the purple/white just a second before I had planned to hit the prop start button. I again sat nervously for another minute waiting to see what it would do, but then it acted fine and flew fine. Doesn't seem to be impacting it's ability to fly after I finally do put it in the air, but it sure is messing with my already shaky confidence since the whole GPS board issue that caused it to go off for repairs.
I've been too busy around here to get much air time, but I'm going to keep working with it to see if I can pinpoint what it may be. Next plan is to leave my property and go somewhere wide open to see if it replicates it elsewhere. I have been accused on more than one occasion of having my own wires crossed, but I hardly see how that can put off enough electromagnetic interference to disrupt the gps signal from 25' away. Gonna watch this thread closely to see what comes of others that get out more than I do.

After doing much reading and trying to learn all possible before my first flight I finally did all of the firmware down loads and calibrations and went out and turn it on ready to take off but my GPS would never connect and nothing would come on. I waited 15-20 minutes then went back inside my office and turn it all on inside where my gps would connect within 5 minutes only to drop out between 3-5 seconds later. it did this about 3 times so I went back outside and it would not connect in 20 minutes. I just shut everything down and sent Yuneec an Email today. any ideas?

After doing much reading and trying to learn all possible before my first flight I finally did all of the firmware down loads and calibrations and went out and turn it on ready to take off but my GPS would never connect and nothing would come on. I waited 15-20 minutes then went back inside my office and turn it all on inside where my gps would connect within 5 minutes only to drop out between 3-5 seconds later. it did this about 3 times so I went back outside and it would not connect in 20 minutes. I just shut everything down and sent Yuneec an Email today. any ideas?
I know you said you read everything, but I know it can also be a lot to take in with these amazing and complicated machines. After your update did you go back into model select and click on the picture of the Typhoon H, and go into the flight data and erase it?

You did probably the best thing to do in calling Yuneec. GPS inside a structure is generally not a good place to connect though. I know of a certain M-600 that won't do it at all.

I know you said you read everything, but I know it can also be a lot to take in with these amazing and complicated machines. After your update did you go back into model select and click on the picture of the Typhoon H, and go into the flight data and erase it?
You know I had not done that since it said it was the Typhoon H on the upper left. did it this morning and it does the same thing as before. it will only connect to gps in my office and drop it right back off within 3 seconds.

Reactions: Jester
You did probably the best thing to do in calling Yuneec. GPS inside a structure is generally not a good place to connect though. I know of a certain M-600 that won't do it at all.
Yes I understand that. if you see above, it would not connect to my unit at all while outside (I tried this multiple times and waited between 20-30mins each time). so I took it inside my my office (which is a trailer) and turned it on while I was doing some paper work. it will connect in there but drops off after 3 seconds.

Yes I understand that. if you see above, it would not connect to my unit at all while outside (I tried this multiple times and waited between 20-30mins each time). so I took it inside my my office (which is a trailer) and turned it on while I was doing some paper work. it will connect in there but drops off after 3 seconds.
Did you erase the old flight data as well? Also, and something I just learned on here that I never saw on Yuneec's videos, after you do your compass calibration in an open space, he way I read it and did it anyway, (maybe someone with more knowledge will chime in and tell us both if I'm wrong) you need to set the H down and let it sit still for 13 minutes to let the GPS fully calibrate itself before doing anything else.
I'm so paranoid now after several control issues, that I get 25'+ away from the ST-16, my cell phone, remove my watch, belt, (in case the small metal buckle interferes) and anything else that could mess it up. I even had one of my kids hit the calibrate button so I didn't have to run back to the H and could still get the compass cal procedure done within the 30 seconds they say you need to. Like I said...paranoid, I know. ;) Then, right after the compass calibration, I set the H down, watch for the success light, then let the H sit out in the open for 13-15 minutes for the GPS to fully do it's thing.
Not sure if you did, or do all those things but that is my new routine. It's a little bit of a lot of smart people's input on this sight.
Now, I call them smart, but I have a very limited scope on them only from here. Their spouses and loved ones may see them differently. ;)
They're smart in all the right and Yuneec ways. If they need to eat with their fork and spoon on velcro gloves at home, that's their business, but they've never steered me wrong on here. Good Luck, and I'm sure some of them will add to this, or correct me on the gloves thing. :)

well updates, Yuneec is so slow when dealing with them over the internet. so far I have only been told to create a new model and test. this did nothing to help. I have done this and calibrated everything and then waited up to 30 minutes without any gps lock. I will call them tomorrow and try to get this straight. Its just my busy season at work so I have not had much time to work on it. Thanks for all of the advice.

I have not erased the old flight data as of yet. I am afraid that if I do this and have to send it back it may slow things down. I am basically waiting for Yuneec to tell me to do it.

I have not erased the old flight data as of yet. I am afraid that if I do this and have to send it back it may slow things down. I am basically waiting for Yuneec to tell me to do it.

You can always copy the data before erasing from the ST. That way you can put them back if needed (although I do not see any need to do just that).
I always erased flight data after OTA updating and rebinding. Then switch H and ST off. Then switch on again and do the calibrations. Switch H off and then after a minute or so back on... wait for GPS (about 10 minutes) and fly!
Works flawless (I am in Europe), never had any issue whatsoever with my H.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss