Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

GPS tracker for flyaways

Does the cell phone have to have cell service?
Seems to be some miscommunication here... what cell phone? You need to be able to receive SMS text on something be it a phone or computer as that is how the TK send you its coordinates.

Big sky country... nice. My father went to the Montana School of Mines way back. I like that state, just beautiful. Still have friends up in Libby.
Sorry, I misunderstood you before. Most all trackers rely on cell service. The few that don't require you to be within bluetooth range which is very limited, so limited you would have to see where it went down to have a prayer of finding it. You may have no real options for a tracker to work unfortunately.

Are you guys having that many flyaways with the Q500?? I thought if it loses signal it returns to home?

Hey gang! I just activated a small tracker. It comunicates via sms texts. It's the TK 102-2. $24 on Amazon.
I used a prepaid H20 sim card for $.01 and loaded it with $10.00.
I attached it to the top inside of a leg on the Q500 4K with a velcro strap.

Some reviews complain about it being hard to activate. I didn't have a problem.
This little thing has LOTS of cool features that can be used for other applications, *cough* teenagers...
I hope not to need it, but $35 to find my new expensive quad is worth it.

This video gives a decent demo.
Hi will the GPS tracker have interference to drone?

Hey gang! I just activated a small tracker. It comunicates via sms texts. It's the TK 102-2. $24 on Amazon.
I used a prepaid H20 sim card for $.01 and loaded it with $10.00.
I attached it to the top inside of a leg on the Q500 4K with a velcro strap.

Some reviews complain about it being hard to activate. I didn't have a problem.
This little thing has LOTS of cool features that can be used for other applications, *cough* teenagers...
I hope not to need it, but $35 to find my new expensive quad is worth it.

This video gives a decent demo.

You don't want to GPS tracker it'll say your aircraft is win in 30 feet good luck the best Marco Polo take you right to it to touch it no cell phone no cost

Reactions: Rayray

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece