Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Guys? Talk me down?

Maybe I missed it in this thread, but IMO one of the most important and best ways to get comfortable with new gear (after RTFM) is to use it.

A lot.

Get yourself some extra batteries and a multi-charger and fly like ****!

Reactions: Jester and PatR
I am new to drones and my H is my first one. Had zero experience flying these before the H. I spent countless hours on You Tube, FB and this forum absorbing info and advice on the H and on how to fly drones. I am now past my 10th flight and taking it slow but learning fast. I would say you should not have any problems with the H as I have found it to be very user friendly. Best Buy had a great promotion (1/2 price) on the pro package over the holiday's and I could not pass it up. I had previously ordered a Hubsan 501s from BangGood to learn on, but after 3 months it was never delivered (got my money back from PayPal) , so got the H and do not regret it one bit. :) As someone mentioned, stick to angle mode and if you do use smart mode, remember the safety bubble it creates around you and you will be ok. Enjoy!

Reactions: Steve Carr
Just read about and understand how it works first. There's nothing wrong with using Smart mode aside from being ignorant of how it functions, and the requirements imposed when using it. Most that complain of it bought an H, didn't learn anything about it first, threw it into the air, and didn't know squat about the Smart Circle or the distance separation from the operator requirement.

It gets old reading about people blaming the aircraft or system for their inability to read or follow instructions. Smart mode is a very useful tool for those that understand how it works. Those that use it without understanding it have no one else to blame but themselves if something goes wrong. We have a fairly complex system with the H, no more so than a Phantom, and it behooves the operator to at least read the fast start pamphlet before flying. If the print is too small it can be downloaded as a PDF file from Yuneec and expanded to suit our visual needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTFM!!!!

This is my first "real" drone - stay in "angle" mode - practice return to home once or twice for safety - it is SO easy to fly - stable video in breezy conditions - I have flown to max 20 mph winds and video is rock solid.
My recommendation is to label the switches to terms that make sense to you based on what they "do" - I did and takes a lot of pressure off flying - I am currently in the Florida Keys and "green" flying zones are all over water so I did not want to be referring to the "paperwork" to figure out what control to activate. In the beginning I just "aimed" the H rather than use pan - one less thing to think about - I am growing into "pan". I have been totally impressed in the quality of the build and quality of the video / pictures. One more thing - do multiple short flights on one battery - AND keep them short distances untill you confidence grows.
My wife and I are avid photographers...
My wife who thought "toy" when I bought it - now she is saying it is an incredible photographic "tool"...
What more can I say??? Well done Yuneeq!!!

Reactions: PatR
I bought a Typhoon H Pro w/ Intel Realsense last week. Amazon totally botched up the order (they didn't ship it). After several frustrating rounds w/ their support, someone called me and I was given a deep discount if I replaced the order. So I did, and now it is on its way!

So here's the thing. I'm having second thoughts. I have several drones, mostly crappy learning drones that I've used over the last 1.5 years to teach myself, however I do also have a P3P (I use a iPad air 2 and AutoPilot).

The reason I looked to the Typhoon H Pro were several.

• The Intel RealSense
• The retractable landing gear.
• The 360° gimbal.
• It just looks like more of a tool rather than a toy (no offense DJI)

Now I'm panicking a little. I'm thinking that maybe this is a little too advanced for my skill level. There is P4P for package for that rings in at $100 less than the Typhoon (prior to my discount from Amazon).

Here are both packages for comparison:

Yuneec Typhoon H Pro with Intel RealSense Technology - 2 Batteries, ST16 Controller, Soft Backpack and Wizard.

P4P includes the Phantom 4 Pro package, plus 2 DJI Phantom 4 Intelligent Flight Battery, Multi Charger Hub For DJI Phantom 4 Intelligent Flight Batteries, Aluminum Carrying Case for Foam Case, Landing Gear Stabilizers (Black)

So I guess my question is, to any of you more experienced pilots: How big is the learning curve moving from a P3P to the Typhoon H Pro?
No learning curve. The H is very easy to set up and fly. Left and rught sticks are the same. The monitor is built into the controller and very easy to understand. I have both the H and the P4P. If you are a photographer the 1 inch sensor is the best. For video, it's a tie.

No learning curve. The H is very easy to set up and fly. Left and rught sticks are the same. The monitor is built into the controller and very easy to understand. I have both the H and the P4P. If you are a photographer the 1 inch sensor is the best. For video, it's a tie.
Really? The TH and P4P cameras are a tie for video? That's great to hear but a bit surprising. I own a TH and am generally pleased with it as an aerial video platform. You are in a good position to compare low light capability, dynamic range, geometric distortion, etc. I'm interested in hearing more details of your experiences.

In still photography megapixels and ability to use light count for a lot. A 1" sensor has a lot of advantages over a smaller one.

In still photography megapixels and ability to use light count for a lot. A 1" sensor has a lot of advantages over a smaller one.

Pat, I've tried on several different occasions today to private message you but that option seems to be down. I've been looking into purchasing a DSLR for my photography business mostly it'll be used to photograph homes and exterior pool/landscaping shots. I've been looking at the Sony 7Rii which offers full frame photography. What cameras/models might you recommend that you think would be better, if any?

Just DO NOT use SMART mode on the first few flights. You will be fine.

I second that. Stay away from the Smart Mode setting and you'll do fine. The Smart Mode is what DJI calls Home Lock mode. The couple of time I tried it it really threw me off.

Pat, I've tried on several different occasions today to private message you but that option seems to be down. I've been looking into purchasing a DSLR for my photography business mostly it'll be used to photograph homes and exterior pool/landscaping shots. I've been looking at the Sony 7Rii which offers full frame photography. What cameras/models might you recommend that you think would be better, if any?

That's odd, I've been back and forth with another member that way several times today. Perhaps the management is mad at me. Who knows.

In full frame cameras I don't think you can do much better than your noted selection. For serious inspection work I don't think it can be beat, and in creative photography it's a real beast. I use both Sony and Nikon, preferring a smaller Sony a6000 to the Nikon because of the size and frame rates. There are some trade offs in using an APSC sensor but they are relatively minor for my purposes. I think you made a good call if your wallet can handle it.

I have not needed to upgrade from the a6000 but there will come that time. I've also been looking at the a7 as my next camera. One of the reasons is because it's the required payload for an inspection level multirotor I'm considering, other reasons are simply because it's a darn good camera and Sony has been doing great things for quite some time with cameras and sensors. If Sony wasn't great, why would so many other brands be using Sony sensors;)

That's odd, I've been back and forth with another member that way several times today. Perhaps the management is mad at me. Who knows.

In full frame cameras I don't think you can do much better than your noted selection. For serious inspection work I don't think it can be beat, and in creative photography it's a real beast. I use both Sony and Nikon, preferring a smaller Sony a6000 to the Nikon because of the size and frame rates. There are some trade offs in using an APSC sensor but they are relatively minor for my purposes. I think you made a good call if your wallet can handle it.

I have not needed to upgrade from the a6000 but there will come that time. I've also been looking at the a7 as my next camera. One of the reasons is because it's the required payload for an inspection level multirotor I'm considering, other reasons are simply because it's a darn good camera and Sony has been doing great things for quite some time with cameras and sensors. If Sony wasn't great, why would so many other brands be using Sony sensors;)

Thanks Pat!! I've been researching the Nikons and Canon's but keep going back to the Sony. That's the one I'm going to buy. Thanks for all your input. It's greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you. Trying to research and learn about the unit. I'll probably have it Tuesday, probably won't fly it until the weekend (if I don't chicken out and return it without even opening the shipping carton).
Mate the typhoon H is a pussy to fly, it is so easy and smooth, good luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech