Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H-Drone fiasco continues.

Reaction score
Drone fiasco continues:

December 12th, drone and tools stolen out of my vehicle.

December 17th buy new drone and tools.

December 20th after 3 drone flights it takes off on me with no control finding the drone with clients 1 km away.

December 21st I contact Yuneec, they admit to a software issue, they send me a prepaid insured label to send drone to Kansas city for repair via UPS.

December 22nd sent.

December 24th UPS calls me to advise me drone is lost but they still have the shipping label.

December 27th Yuneec repair shop emails me saying label has been delivered no product.

December 28th I call UPS they start an investigation on lost parcel.

January 3rd UPS concludes the drone was delivered...while the receiver claims they never received the product.

In limbo till I speak to the main company in California tomorrow 11:00 am.

Just spoke with Yuneec California rep. His solution is I continue to press UPS.

Here I sit NO drone, insured parcel, UPS won't pay as they claim its delivered and Yuneec Repair shop in Kansas City claims they did not receive it. Any Suggestions?

I am in Canada and dealing with 3 parties in the US.

The problem is Yuneec build and sells drones
The repair shop in Kansas is outsourced,
UPS is the delivery system of choice.

The prepaid shipping label sent to me is also outsourced.

January 3rd UPS concludes the drone was delivered...while the receiver claims they never received the product.

Here I sit NO drone, insured parcel, UPS won't pay as they claim its delivered and Yuneec Repair shop in Kansas City claims they did not receive it. Any Suggestions?

Yuneec is correct... your issue is currently with UPS as the delivery service used.

So UPS says your delivery was completed? They have both tracking and a signature from the KAV employee who signed for it. Tell them to send you copies so you can forward a copy to KAV. Once you have provided KAV with proof via UPS tracking info, point out that one of their employees signed for it.

No, at this point you are only dealing with UPS... once you have proof of delivery, you will be then dealing with just KAV.

WTF??

Reactions: biltno
**** unfortunate luck mate, I feel for you, had similar happen with a laptop once, sent back for repair, company went into liquidation, never saw it again nor any compensation! Not quite the same story but bloomin frustrating!

UPS are the ones to look at here. When an item is delivered, it should have a GPS location of where the item was signed for on the UPS scanner. Ask for a copy of this and copy of who signed for the item. If they don't do anything, get on social media and give UPS some serious s**t!

If UPS does not provide proof, immediately initiate a local civil action in a small claims court or similar and file a claim against their insurer.

Sadly, here in the U.S. standard rate UPS insurance only covers $500.00 unless higher coverage is bought at extra cost.

Reactions: biltno
We've recently had two large mis-deliveries by UPS. They told us there was nothing they would do about it and we had to look for it ourselves. A few weeks ago, a neighbor came by hoping they had delivered one of his packages to our house. UPS has turned into crap. For most packages, they just leave it on the porch with no signatures...this includes $1 K items.

Reactions: NDDrone and MarkC
One thing you may want to research. Since yuneec sent the original shipping label I would think it is their responsibility to insure the parcel just like I would if I was shipping it. It’s pennies on a dollar and a must. Let’s face it there is always a 99% chance it’s delivered and on time, but that 1% will bite you.
I hope it works out for you

Drone fiasco continues:

December 20th after 3 drone flights it takes off on me with no control finding the drone with clients 1 km away.

December 21st I contact Yuneec, they admit to a software issue, they send me a prepaid insured label to send drone to Kansas city for repair via UPS.

December 22nd sent.

December 24th UPS calls me to advise me drone is lost but they still have the shipping label.

December 27th Yuneec repair shop emails me saying label has been delivered no product.

Good luck with your claim. UPS is notorious about not paying claims. If they say they have a POD (proof of delivery) then as far as they are concerned it was delivered. I’ve been with FedEx for twenty six years and I’ve heard this story more times than I can remember. GOOD LUCK.

I have dealt with KAV lately and they were on top of it.
But UPS actually delivered to correct location that time, I also have had issues with UPS in the past losing my laptop.

Drone fiasco continues:

December 22nd sent.

We had a similar situation with returning a bricked cell phone for credit. The recipient mfr got an empty box and claimed we never sent it (on their shipping label).
We pressed them to check the weight though the different transfers and that showed where it changed enroute before it reached the destination. We got our credit as it became an issue between the shipping originator and UPS.
Good luck.

just received my drone back from KAV, very happy with the service (i no longer turn off obstacle avoidance when flying around house. I knew I should have cut that tree down...)
Hoping yours has shown up!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuneecfan49