Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H is going back for the final time.

Reaction score
Last week I was trying to build some trust as I just receiving the H back from the factory and working with CS on the phone to do a full reset and newest firmware. Went through all the calibrations being very careful compass cal to avoid any metal. First 2 flights were mostly OK. Second day, same spot, third flight a few minutes into a flight it started the jerks and forward flight was forward and left.. I landed powered all off, including the S16 and started up again. This time after arming, gave it throttle as normal to take off and it very quickly and violently flipped over in place. This broke the camera off and two props. Looking at the telemetry, the GPS was 180 out. The bird was pointed nearly south, but telemetry says it was facing north. I have a few seconds of camera footage that verifies my memory. Yuneec was called and is sending the part for the camera, but would not send another GPS/Compass module as it is a service item.

I have built several drones from scratch and have never had any issues like the ones I have with this bird. I will likely improve one of my older builds, or build something for now and maybe try Yuneec again sometime in the future.

It is a sad thing as I loved the bird with all its capabilities. I have lost all trust. Out of frustration after the take-off flip mentioned above, I asked if I could return it despite being a couple months past the published return window. They have agreed to and sent the return authorization for a full refund. It's hard for me as I do want to be part of the solution and feel a bit like I am giving up before the final reward. But the lack of frustration will be the only benefit.

I much enjoyed reading on this forum and keeping up with others stories, mostly the successes as I know there are quite a lot flying and filiming without issues.

I may be back in the future, but for now I will get back to my home builds where I have full control of success and failure.

Happy flying!

Sorry to hear that. I just got mine back from Yuneec last week. I sent it in for GPS warnings, compass warnings and attempting to flip over after landing. They replaced the GPS module, upper cover accessories, checked the firmware, test flew it and said all was good. I haven't tried it yet but I hope they fixed it.
Since they are giving you a full refund I am assuming you bought it from yuneec?

Mine was just back from repair due to fly away after doing some toilet bowl and jerk behavior. Yuneec was very good and repaired the crash damage, gimbal yaw motor and replaced the GPS module. In the ST16 they replaced the left stick as YAW would not calibrate. Mine actually seemed worse after the repairs. that was why I initiated the return. It was not directly from Yuneec, but through a workplace related online store.

I didn't purchase mine from Yuneec either. I like the H but If I'm still having issues and it doesn't fly right maybe I'll ask them for a refund also and wait for the next model.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval