Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H "Orbits" when hovering.

Reaction score
My H flies in a gentle circle when I hover. I have calibrated the accelerometer and compass but the problem still persists. It makes it really hard to make a safe landing.

Hi, I don't know who you are referring to.
Look at your Avatar cartoon picture and then at BobW55's they are the same cartoon character! LOL ! I was just messing with Bob! You have to have a little sense of humor to survive these post sometimes! No offence towards you! Welcome on the forum !

Does it do the other things I listed in my post? Mine was only stable the first couple minutes then its as if something would happen with the GPS board like it would degrade and it slowly become unstable...

I did multiple compass calibrations, accelerometer calibrations in different locations, even downloaded the firmware again, and reinstalled. Mine never got better. I was set to send it back to Yuneec but my LHS did a great job and exchanged it.

Check the video below mine, this guy also had the same problem...

YES! Exactly like that.

Last edited:
Does it do the other things I listed in my post? Mine was only stable the first couple minutes then its as if the something would happen with the GPS board and it wasn't stable...

I did multiple compass calibrations, accelerometer calibrations in different locations, even downloaded the firmware again, and reinstalled. Mine never got better. I was set to send it back to Yuneec but my LHS did a great job and exchanged it.

Check the video below mine, this guy also had the same problem...

Yes. It also will not throttle down when I try to land.

I should have bookmarked or gathered the names of those that have had pretty much the same problem. This "toilet bowling" or Pendulum Affect seems to be one of the more common problems.

When I talked to Yuneec on the phone they recommended I do a compass calibration in a different location, and redo the firmware download. Again, neither worked. As a matter of fact, after the firmware reinstall it was even worse...

Call Yuneec and get that sucker back to them to fix before it crashes! Good Luck

Yes. It also will not throttle down when I try to land.

Same issue with mine. I had other minor problems so I sent mine back. Didn't trust it.

New H will be here Wednesday.

I think it has something to do with the voltage. Didn't do it till I hit 14.7v.

Not sure if anyone else with this problem can confirm the voltage hypothesis though.

I had the same problem. Mutliple calibrations did not help. On my third flight, it started doing it again and when I landed, it flipped over. Broke 3 props, broke camera mount and fried a motor. The good news was that I bought it from BestBuy and they took it back after I explained my story. Will have a new one in a few days. Mine also would not fly straight out. It would start moving to the veering off to the right but with the nose still pointing straight ahead. Even when I pulled the stick straight back it would follow the exact line back and continue to veer to the left (about 20 degrees off in both directions). I have heard of others with this problem. Hope others can get a new one before they crash it. Yuneec needs to figure out what is going on.

Why I started doing that after I had it for about 2 weeks. Tried all the stuff you did but it didn't help as well. Out of curiosity I bind it to the wizard just to see what would happen and it didn't do it. So I rebind it with the St 16 and it hasn't done it since. Weird!!!!

Typo- it was supposed to be "Mine" instead of "Why I". Stupid voice to text

My H flies in a gentle circle when I hover. I have calibrated the accelerometer and compass but the problem still persists. It makes it really hard to make a safe landing.
Have same scary problem. Broke his leg on a return to home landing. Susan

Have same scary problem. Broke his leg on a return to home landing. Susan
Hard landing or crash? Call Yuneec, they might fix for free! If it was no fault of yours, If not you can order the leg and replace quite easily! Welcome Aboard!;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval