Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

1. Chase

I have read that the H Pro also includes an IPS module for indoor positioning. Has anybody had any experience with this compared to the standard H? I'm always jealous of how rock solid the Phantom 4 is when hovering near the ground and would gladly spring the for the IPS module to gain this ability, but haven't seen much talk about it. Would love to hear any feedback from H Pro owners out there on the interwebs.

2. Rayray

Rayray Moderator
    Staff Member

vr-pilot, in another thread, says he flew indoors. I asked him to let us know the details. I have a Pro, but not able to try it indoors yet.

3. Chase

Does your pro hover any more solid outdoors than the non-pro? My non pro drifts around quite a bit (elevation and position) even when outdoors and with a good amount of satellites.

4. Steve Carr

Steve Carr Moderator
    Staff Member

If you see much drifting in hover it's usually a sign you need to do an accelerometer calibration on a very level surface. A stable hover is primarily a function of the IMU and much less to do with GPS.

Chase and Rayray like this.
  5. JulesTEO

This is outdoors but its my standard H hovering a few meters above ground on GPS mode. No input at all until 0:24 when started to descend.

I'm new to multirotors though, how low is it considered a good "low height hovering test"?

Greetings!

6. DroneClone

That is about as good as you can expect my friend, Considering, I am sure you had a decent amount of onshore wind as I heard it in your camera mike! ;)

7. Chase

I understand that and have done all calibrations - on a perfectly leveled surface. I still don't see the the kind of stability that the Phantom 4 has on my drone or any tests I have seen online, and this is fair considering that the Phantom 4 I believe has additional hardware for hover stability. I've even hovered it side by side to a P4 in the exact same weather conditions, and the difference is quite noticeable. What I am asking really is if the IPS module adds this level of hover stability to the Typhoon H?