Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H would not land- Landing Issue

Update! Updated to the new firmware and flew yesterday. Same problem, no decent with undercarriage up, very awkward decent with it down. Switched off arealsense on the ST16, no change. Physically removed the Realsense module and flight characteristics improved!! Yuneec U.K. Have asked for the RS module to investigate. Worrying!!

Update! Updated to the new firmware and flew yesterday. Same problem, no decent with undercarriage up, very awkward decent with it down. Switched off arealsense on the ST16, no change. Physically removed the Realsense module and flight characteristics improved!! Yuneec U.K. Have asked for the RS module to investigate. Worrying!!

If you have a RealSense Pro, and it seems to be the case, the IPS module with its downward facing sensors is active no matter how you turn the switches. The IPS will not allow the drone to go below about 2 meters with the legs in the UP position. Why would you want to land with the legs up?

This wouldn't allow the H to go below 6 meters! A bit excessive I think. After that it was incredibly erratic. Also decided to spend time at 200 feet without defending. With the module physically removed it flies like a dream and lands with no problem. Awaiting new module from Yuneec to see what happens next.

I've just had a landing issue like this. From 100 feet altitude the H would not land, legs up or down. I had to keep cycling the undercarriage and it then extremely slowly began to descend but took ages! Has happened on both flights today, yet last week was flying absolutely fine! RS switched off and flying Angle Mode. Return to Home brings the H right above take off point, but it will not descend, just sits there...
CharlesT,
My H is non-realsense. You've described my experience as well!!!!!!! Mitch at Yuneec CS, although receiving an A for effort for taking time with me on the phone, was not able to troubleshoot this with me without finally requiring I send it in for inspection and repairs - at my cost. Taking him at face value, he didn't have a grip on it. Not dissing him but I have read enough history by now on this issue that I'd expect a little better sharing of experience from Yuneec on the "not landing" issue. I can't believe that they don't know what several things might cauise such symptoms but rather choose to say "I dion't know".

Sorry but this just screams fake to me.
Sorry, but this is not FAKE it happened to me yesterday while on my 3rd battery coming in for the landing the Typhoon H would not come down she was at around 15 to 20 ft off the ground. Also, everything appeared OK on the ST-16 OBS was off and in angle mode. I had to throw her into the home mode and that got her out of it back into the angle mode and landed. there were a few obstacles around lamp post an nd tree 15 to 20 feet out it was also below 20 degrees. I pretty sure the gear was down.

Last edited:
same thing // just bought it used , ive calibrated everything ..first day great test landed it like 4 times within couple meters height just to get the hang of it , the second day it just hovered just out of my reach batteries died and just fell to the ground now i need to get some 3x arm latches (metal clips), and international shipping is not cheap and going to take a while to get here ... its a keeper , im going to use if for fishing i have all up 5batteries should be exciting .... has anything figured out this hovering stuff ???

I have a feeling that this problem belongs somehow to the IMU problem described in 'stuck in Aquiring' threads.
What I have seen sometimes if the following effect:
- Altitude displayed on ST16 increases during initialization up to some meters.
- Acc calibration brings it back to something around zero.
The conclusion is that accelerometer values Z-axis will be used for computing altidude somehow, not only baro. We have to take into account both. Please let us see the FlightLogs from those two days, just to identify what may cause this problem.

br HE

In addition to the suggestions from @h-elsner make sure you have the Rate Slider (dial on upper right side) on full rabbit (forward) position when trying to land.

For the clips YUNTYH123SVC check with @Haydn who is a Yuneec dealer there in Oz. This is his phone 0410584575.

here is the flightlog.zip , i did try sliding to full rabbit mode didnt work either , // in zip flightlog its _00085 and _00086 the last two logs

Attachments

• FlightLog.zip
    8.7 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
In 00086 the crash was caused by a drastic voltage drop. Battery was totally empty.
Voltage_drop_1.png

But this did not explain why the drone refuses to descent. This remains a mysterium. The Altitude seems to be correct. This would make a IMU problem unlikely. I wonder why the stick position starts to wiggle. I guess you hold the stick down.
Throttle_1.png

In 00085 the altitude is strange. This could be such an IMU problem. It starts with 0 at take off but ends up with -20m after landing. I don't know this area, but 20m difference?
In 00083 take-off at 0 and landing at -8m. Same as 00085.

Hint: the battery from flight 00085 is very poor. The voltage drop after take-off indicates high internal resistance. You should send this battery into retirement.

br HE

Drone firmware version?
RealSense is present?
Hardware monitor on the ST16 what says? Especially about the right slider?

The flightlog reports the copter as having RealSense.
The landing gear in flight 83 shows as "Down" the entire duration.
Flight 84 shows believable landing gear operation.
Flights 85 and 86 report the landing gear as "UP" the entire duration.

It doesn't matter the actual landing gear position. If the system "thinks" the gear is up on a system with RealSense, will this not prevent landing?

Landing Gear.jpg

Reactions: DoomMeister
The one thing that sticks out for me in all four flightlogs 00083 through 00086 is the narrow value range of the full scale deflection of the sticks. The lower value of J1 is slightly above 1000 which is like the Rate slider is always at Turtle position. This is indicative of a ST16 calibration that had the rate slider near or at the Rabbit position as the first half of the calibration was exited. I also see evidence of the sticks oxidizing especially J2 and J4 which is typical.
FL00083_J1_alt_mode.png FL00083_J1_J3_J4.png FL00084_J1_alt_mode.png FL00084_J1_J3_J4.png

FL00085_J1_alt_mode.png FL00085_J1_J3_J4.png FL00086_J1_alt_mode.png FL00086_J1_J3_J4.png

I suggest giving the sticks a good stir and check their response in Hardware Monitor. Make sure they go full scale and return to null without lagging and without jitter when moving them slowly. Once they are behaving in Hardware Monitor go to the Main Screen and double tap the Volts readout on the top left. It will bring up the Final Output Display.

BB3F468D-2F22-4F71-946D-C760859B9ABA.jpeg
Place the Rate Slider at the Turtle position and record the maximum and minimum values obtained when moving the sticks full scale, then repeat with the Rate Slider set to Rabbit. The following are what you should see within +/-3.

J1/CH1 Tur 20 to 80; Rab 0 to 100; B1 -25
J4/CH2 Tur 60 to -60; Rab 100 to -100
J3/CH3 Tur 60 to -60; Rab 100 to -100
J2/CH4 Tur 48 to -48; Rab 80 to -80

Getting these values (you only need the ST16 powered on to do this) will give us the information to determine if you need to do a proper calibration of the ST16.

Last edited:
Reactions: WTFDproject
The flightlog reports the copter as having RealSense.
The landing gear in flight 83 shows as "Down" the entire duration.
Flight 84 shows believable landing gear operation.
Flights 85 and 86 report the landing gear as "UP" the entire duration.

It doesn't matter the actual landing gear position. If the system "thinks" the gear is up on a system with RealSense, will this not prevent landing?

View attachment 27605
The landing gear status is odd for 00085 and 00086. I can easily believe always down on 00083 as I have left mine down when just flying and not taking video.

@Valkin, am to I understand that the two sliders must be in the centre positions if you do any calibration or I got it wrong?
When the calibration starts, it remembers the position of the sliders and get's it as centred. After that you can do calibration movements but with the wrong starting point. So, you'll have not a linear curve. Is this a bug or a feature I can't say? Probably in some cases is useful to move the centre position from the centre. On the ST16S remotes, there is a centre mark. On the old ST16, you should decide alone where it is.

in Hardware Monitor. Make sure they go full scale and return to null without lagging and without jitter when moving them slowly. Once they are behaving in Hardware Monitor go to the Main Screen and double tap the Volts readout on the top left. It will bring up the Final Output Display.

BB3F468D-2F22-4F71-946D-C760859B9ABA.jpeg
To not mess up the readers. better is to call this feature as final output value monitor. The hardware monitor is available via the menu, but it shows the position of the hardware before mixing.

To not mess up the readers. better is to call this feature as final output value monitor. The hardware monitor is available via the menu, but it shows the position of the hardware before mixing.
I’ll agree to that nomenclature “final output monitor” works for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz