Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Happy Birthday to my Typhoon!

Reaction score
Well, in a couple of days' time, my Typhoon will be officially one year old. How cool is that?

It's flown at least three missions every week since I've had it.
I've flown into two trees.
I've broken two props, and the obstacle avoidance switch.
The original battery is still running fine, alongside two spares.
I've lost one micro SD-card (that's still bugging me).
It's travelled from Kent to Scotland to go filming (about 500 miles).
The maximum speed I've seen it reach is 54 miles an hour (GPS off!).
I've filmed in 15mph winds, carried it 3 miles in hand to get to a shoot
It's helped me create a 285 megapixel map (about 20 acres of land)
..and it's still loads of fun to fly.

So - Happy Birthday little drone :)

Well, in a couple of days' time, my Typhoon will be officially one year old. How cool is that?

Mine is exactly one year old next Thursday.
I've not flown it as much as you have, but I have flown in pretty strong winds only last week. Yes, it's been to Scotland late last July.
Fastest it's flown wasn't that fast since I'm of the habit of doing slow runs and speeding up the video in post.
Like you, my original battery is doing fine as well as the spares and I can still expect over 19 minutes flight to first warning...though I'm generally landed after 15 or 16 minutes.
I only had one period of iffy behavior after a firmware update which was quickly and easily resolved.

Yep. A good aircraft which easily holds it's own.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Well, in a couple of days' time, my Typhoon will be officially one year old. ........ Happy Birthday little drone :)

Wish I was there to see the candles being blown out.

Hard to believe it has been around 12 months since the H first started taking to the sky. I got mine in August last year, so I still have a few months to go. We're a little slow 'Down Under' here in Australia, but I can report that I am still running the original props and battery. Actually haven't damaged anything on mine just yet. It surely is a great platform and I am very glad of my purchase.

Hope you enjoy the birthday celebrations Tuna.

....So, when does the UAV Toolbox get to celebrate it's birthday??

Reactions: Steve Carr

All well and good, fishie, tho I figure you forgot some props.
This travel is impressive, how long did it take to fly that 500 miles?:eek: Mine do good to go 5 miles.:rolleyes:
Happy Bday.
Yep, one in every crowd...:)

What a fantastic selection of encouraging posts! Ive had mine a few months and love it!

Tuna,

Your post made me go back and check the dates for my first H. Ordered 5/20/16, received 5/23/16 and still going strong. Although I have others, battery #1 is still just fine a year and lots of use cycles later.

Yes, I had a couple of bugs, one with a noisy fan in the -16 where Yuneec provided a new one that I installed myself. One flyaway after a compass issue that Yuneec handled under warranty with repairs after recovering the H, but otherwise flawless performance. No range problems, no video problems, it just works and does what I tell it to do. Exactly what I expect from any tool I have. Even better is how Yuneec has responded to every phone call. Quickly, while providing the information and actions needed.

Never broken the landing gear during a landing but I fly it like a camera rig, not a racer, with no attempt to slide to a stop. It goes pretty fast with the GPS turned off but I save that for flights higher than 30'. Updates always work when the instructions are followed, reading them and watching a few videos makes them a painless process. The H is a wonderful rig for those that understand how to fly and use a camera ship, but for those brand new to MR's it can be difficult until they learn how to fly.

Interestingly it's been just over a year since DJI released the Phantom 4. In this year DJI have released the Mavic, Phantom 4 Pro and now Phantom 4 Advanced. Every Phantom 4 owner now feels like their machine is outdated and old technology. Meanwhile Yuneec have a number of new cameras in the pipeline for our machines and have no intention of replacing the H. I still feel like my H is current, extremely relevant and will continue to stay that way.

You make more money by obsoleting your current equipment with new product releases every 6 months. It's pretty insulting to people with any serious level of intelligence.

That's very cool. Thanks for reminding me. Mine turned 1 a couple of days ago. Still using the original battery (plus one) and survived a couple of crash rebuilds. Good bird! Sun's out, I think I'll go flying.

Happy birthday to mine too! My first flight was a year ago today. The logs show it was first booted on 7 May 2016 at Jinxizhen in China and flown at Kaltenkirchen in Germany on 18 May. I have had 240+ great flights and have only had to replace two props because it toppled over once. Very, very pleased with this!

Great Tuna, have you done any repairs or preventativ maintinance? Is the motors still ok?

I just posted footage celebrating our first year with the Yuneec Typhoon H. It has drastically improved our capabilities in video production and could not be happier with our acquisition. Here's the promo piece:

Reactions: Rubik
I just posted footage celebrating our first year with the Yuneec Typhoon H. It has drastically improved our capabilities in video production and could not be happier with our acquisition. Here's the promo piece:
Just an observation, but although you are promoting 4K work in your video it's posted on Youtube as 1080p ?

Tuna toilet bowl man here returned from holiday in the UK now in Indonesia.. Managed a couple of flights without the TB issues discussed previously.. Been very eager to show some buddies of mine the Thermal camera in use.. However on my last flight as I was coming in to land I had a compass failure warning as well as an intel sense failure warning.. So any thoughts? Ed

Did you get it a birthday cake - a brand new battery with candles on it.... just kidding! :) Happy Birthday to your drone may it have many more.

Reactions: Tuna

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech