Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Happy Holidays From Hawaii

Reaction score
Went home to Oahu for two weeks and it rained 90% of the time. I was able to get a few flights in between downpours. Trade winds were gusting more than 30 MPH above 100 feet so it was tough getting good shots. All clips were taken with Polar Pro ND4 filter - 1/60th sec shutter speed - ISO 100 and EV -2.0.

Awesome. Brought back memories. My family and I spent Christmas and New Years on Hawaii 4 years ago. Flew into Hilo and rented a place on the ocean near Pahoa. Didn't make it to Oahu but may if/when we go back. Got some great videos and photos of the lava field near Kalapana. Would have been great to have shot drone video there and Mauna Kea. One nice thing about staying near Hilo, it rained a lot but near the ocean where we were staying there was very little do to the trade winds. Once we crossed Mauna Kea on the way to Kona the sky cleared and the climate became like the outback, very dry and lots of scrub brush.

Having never been there before what struck me were the yellow street lights at night. Nothing like state side with the orange-ish sodium vapor lights but actually banana yellow. Visiting the Imiloa Astronomy Center of the University of Hilo I learned the yellow lights are to reduce light pollution for the observatories. Man, now I want to go back...

Greg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval