Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hard case ideas

I love it but I wish it had a handle on the front. Mainly for carrying short distances or lifting etc... I am going to try to add one somehow.

I saw where someone had used 1/2 cube pick and pluck foam sheets, when he got everything plucked out he used spray adhesive to glue the sheets together. he was able to get the complex shape would need to get the camera to fit snug. built most of it from the bottom up. I may look into that as well

They sell it (kaizen) in 2 1/4" thick sheets that are 24x48. You would need 4 layers to reach the height of the stock foam (9") at least for the Q500. I know we are talking about the H here, but should be similar. I don't use the top piece because I believe it is irrelevant and I don't want to bother with modding the foam to fit with the props on.

Has exactly the space I wanted.
Going to call this place tomorrow Kaizen Foam - FastCap - Woodworking Tools
and see if they will cut me some the dimensions of the case 12" thick.
By the time you do that, you might as well buy a pre-made case I would think. The Kaizen foam isn't really cheap. You'd need probably $150 worth of foam, then the cost of the case, your time, etc.

If you take the lid off of the case the H comes in and then just fill around it, you'd hold twice as much stuff. I tried the layering route without using stock foam and I actually fit less in there, plus it was a huge pain in the ***!

How is it marketed on e*ay - brand name/model or just green case? Was it a single purchase or did they have a lot to sell?

Hi Eric, I'm afraid it was a one off, an ex British Army flight case apparently. I must say I am very pleased with it, especially as it was really cheap!

I ordered a pelican Im2750 case w/o foam. Has the wheels and the pelican warranty. Will for sure be checked. But didn't find another option.

Other than present availability and one can't bring it on the airline as carryon baggage what is the problem I am not getting with the Yuneec backpack? Can't be the expense as some are spending way more than the intended backpack. Just asking...

I know there are many post about cases.
I am looking for something that will hold 4 batteries the charger, props, wizard, cables, the H and St-16. I would like to have something that has slots for each item and not have to bundle them together like the factory box.
It does NOT have to be carry on complyment.
There are so many choices out there I figured I would ask some of you that have already been down this road.

The backpack has 2 slots made for the batteries if you look towards the bottom ull see how it has that narrow slow of the battery so 2 batteries slots and im sure you could slide 2 more one on either side of the landing gear area...

Oh okay, yours is also in landscape. :)
I shifted mine to the left and to the top then added some foam to keep it there.

So what do you think of the case overall? A little large but nice for the money.

imo, no.

This one fits the H nicely and takes up a lot less room that the Husky rolling case.

RIDGID 22 in. Pro Gear Cart, Black-222573 - The Home Depot

What is funny is that is the one I bought first. I still have it. Figure I can use it for my movie gear. Problem is the foam case the H comes in does not fit in there unless you cut it up. I really did not want to cut the foam up so kept looking.

So I went to Home Depot again and took the foam case with me and tried it in all of them. Got that Husky one. It is bigger but I don't have to mess with the foam. I may try getting some generic foam and experimenting later wih them bot but the Husky one will do. My only complaint is it is a little big and needs a handle on the front. i:)i

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cvwritingservices