Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Has anyone entered the Yuneec Typhoon H video contest?

I think the contest ended yesterday. My first exposure to it was at the Yuneec website so I never tried any links from one site to another to see if they worked. For those interested, Yuneec also has a Facebook page where they reference products and contests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the contest ended yesterday. My first exposure to it was at the Yuneec website so I never tried any links from one site to another to see if they worked. For those interested, Yuneec also has a Facebook page where they reference products and contests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for heads up, next time maybe!!

Thanks. I've started collecting appropriate sounds for my videos.
Everything was shot in Natural setting. I just added a little contrast to the opening scenes. It was a typical gray day at the coast. I'll have to try the Gorgeous and Sunset settings sometime. Many videos I've seen on YouTube have way too much color; very unnatural.

I like the sound effect idea. I think I'll apply it to a few of my future vids as it seems to make the image more real for the senses.

I'm not a fan of too much color, but sometimes it can add an entire new dimension to the final product and take a rather OK shot and make it much more interesting... especially when "artistic" type colors are used, as in Hollywood movie styles. This is where preprogrammed LUTs come in handy for post processing work.

David, here are some answers

Do you use ND filters?
I realize that video, being a form of art, is mostly a "looks right, is right" application, but a general rule for videography is to have the shutter speed at double the frame rate.
For example, 30FPS should be shot at 1/60. Again, if it looks good, then I say go with it, but I do know this is a fairly rigid rule for professional videographers.

I generally set my WB to Sunrise/Sunset or lock in a better color. (I hope Yuneec adds the Kelvin WB feature soon)
I do use gorgeous mode, then set the ISO to 100 and Shutter Speed to 1/60. (I generally shoot 4K 30FPS)
I then use a corresponding ND filter from PolarPro to achieve the exposure I am looking for.

I have kind of been locked in to using the above shutter speed formula from handheld pro cameras.
With a typically camcorder, you will get a very unnatural motion if you have the shutter speed to high.
If others are getting good results from the CGO3+ with the higher shutter speeds, I may have to start experimenting with such.

ND Filters are a very personal thing for each photographer. I never used ND Filters with my DSLR cameras (I did use polarizers & UV filters) when taking still shots. Later with DSLR cameras being able to shoot video, I still did not bother with ND Filters because I could control the Aperture.

When it comes to drones, every one I have owned has had a fixed aperture and a digital shutter. ND Filters are of benefit depending on the scene you're shooting. They DO NOT make your image better, they just allow your somewhat "crippled" drone camera another option of behaving a little more like a camera where you have more control over the light coming in. I used ND Filters on DJI Phantoms for about 6 months trying them in all types of settings. Sometimes they helped and at other times they were a burden. Eventually I just gave up on them for every day use and only used them in specific situations. I love using ND Filters when I am filming an object that is moving. I keep the object in the center of the frame and lower the shutter speed (thanks to the ND Filter). This then keeps the moving object in a crisp focus and everything around is motion blurred and gives a very Hollywood effect and sense of speed. That is pretty much the only application I use ND Filters for today. I do however love Polarizer filters, but I do not currently own any for the Typhoon H. Filming land after a rain shower or objects on water or over winter snow on bright days really benefit from a Polarizer filter.

Last edited:
Just finished a promo for my town. I received the Typhoon H and the very next day I began filming for this project. The Typhoon H performed quite well and I got some stellar shots. Here's the promo:

Just finished a promo for my town. I received the Typhoon H and the very next day I began filming for this project. The Typhoon H performed quite well and I got some stellar shots. Here's the promo:

Well done! That's what I love about camera drones, you can weave in video shot by them into pretty much any other piece of video and it brings the final product to a whole new level.

And I would really welcome people's thoughts and feedback on this video, I'm a long time lurker here, few coments but I don't think I've ever posted any videos or pictures yet, too nervous lol
Link to video on Vimeo:
https://vimeo.com/fromtheairdrones/goldenvalley
Link to same on video on youtube:

Wow! That's a lovely video of a fabulous location. Well done.

Reactions: John S
Correct, no post production as in: No effects or color correction added.

I film 90% in Turtle Mode. I rarely ever film in Rabbit Mode. I do however place the control on the ST16 between Turtle Mode and Rabbit Mode when I need to move the drone quicker.... but never fully on Rabbit mode.

I don't bother with color correction or sharpening in Davinci Resolve because I like the image the CGO3+ produces with the settings I mentioned above. You would have to film in Natural mode if you wished to use a LUT.

Sunrise/sunset is the only WB that does not add too much red or blue to the image. Sunny and Cloudy are terrible.

Really beautiful shots, Captain! Great work, nice and slow and easy. I loved it.
-Brian

Reactions: CAPTAINDRONE
You can search Youtube for "This video submitted as part of a contest sponsored by Yuneec International to highlight use of the Typhoon H product."

Bought Final Cut Pro and recut a shorter version of my South Africa Trip, which incl. flying over some whales.

Longer version (iMovie) includes ground footage as well.

Yeah. No feedback on contest announcements... Knowbody knows anything?

The Winner. Oh well another bull crap contest from Yuneec

Funny! :D
I don't think the winner has been announced yet. Maybe just in Kakabeka Falls.:rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mathewthomasmt